Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno M7 is totally dead!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno M7 is totally dead!

[Please help] My Tecno M7 is totally dead!

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2016, 11:27 PM

Hi,
I need help concerning my Tecno M7 phone. At first, it displayed "encryption unsuccessful". I tried all I read on how to fix the problem, from restoring factory setting to formatting the memory card, but all to no avail. Unfortunately, i attempted to use SP flash tools to repair it and it gone worse. At the moment, it is totally dead, not responding to power on, not charging, no vibration, nothing!
Please someone should help restore this phone abeg.
I am seriously seeking for help, please and please, am really unhappy being offline...
Thanks in anticipation.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2016, 01:29 PM
(06-03-2016, 11:27 PM)simplemartcrown17 Hi,
I need help concerning my Tecno M7 phone. At first, it displayed "encryption unsuccessful". I tried all I read on how to fix the problem, from restoring factory setting to formatting the memory card, but all to no avail. Unfortunately, i attempted to use SP flash tools to repair it and it gone worse. At the moment, it is totally dead, not responding to power on, not charging, no vibration, nothing!
I am seriously seeking for help, please and please, am really unhappy being offline...
Thanks in anticipation.

1. Which firmware did you use?
2. Was flashing successful or it got interrrupted?
This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 01:33 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Thank you for your response. I used MT 6572 I downloaded from this site.
The flashing was interrupted with series of error.
After reading lots of contribution from this site, I followed a particular one...
I format first, and it was successful, followed by flashing first with preloader only. This too was successful. But flashing with the other files will only result to errors.
-BROM ERROR ??? (8) is the most common of all the errors.
I tried using different version of flash tools, and also using different windows (10, 7, XP) all not successful.
In a nutshell, at the moment, the phoen is totally dead, not charging, no sign of life, not vibrating...
PLEASE HELP ME!!! THANK YOU SIR
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2016, 03:37 PM
(07-03-2016, 01:29 PM)hovatek
(06-03-2016, 11:27 PM)simplemartcrown17 Hi,
Thanks in anticipation.

1. Which firmware did you use?
2. Was flashing successful or it got interrrupted?

Thank you for your response. I used MT 6572 I downloaded from this site.
After reading lots of contribution from this site, I followed a particular one...
I format first, and it was successful, followed by flashing first with preloader only. This too was successful. But flashing with the other files will only result to errors.
I tried using different version of flash tools, and also using different windows (10, 7, XP) all not successful.
In a nutshell, at the moment, the phoen is totally dead, not charging, no sign of life, not vibrating...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 10:00 AM

(07-03-2016, 03:37 PM)simplemartcrown17 Thank you for your response. I used MT 6572 I downloaded from this site.

Try M7 variant 1 @ https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_-waNKLv...t=download
This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 10:25 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2016, 02:41 PM
(08-03-2016, 10:00 AM)hovatek
(07-03-2016, 03:37 PM)simplemartcrown17 Thank you for your response. I used MT 6572 I downloaded from this site.

Try M7 variant 1 @ https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_-waNKLv...t=download
Thank you for your time. I used this one too, but not successful. Please give me more options i need to resolve this issue.I have attached various error i got while trying to flash the phone (same on windows 10,7,XP). I also used different USB cable, no success. I will be expecting your input soonest. Once again, thanks
This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 03:15 PM by simplemartcrown17.
Attached Files
.jpg
Capture 1_v3.JPG
Size: 83.41 KB / Downloads: 4
.jpg
Capture2_v5.JPG
Size: 153.18 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
Capture3_v5.JPG
Size: 150.65 KB / Downloads: 4
.jpg
Capture4_v5.JPG
Size: 73.08 KB / Downloads: 4
.jpg
Capture5_v5.JPG
Size: 151.67 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 10:59 PM
(08-03-2016, 02:41 PM)simplemartcrown17 Thank you for your time. I used this one too, but not successful. Please give me more options i need to resolve this issue.I have attached various error i got while trying to flash the phone (same on windows 10,7,XP). I also used different USB cable, no success. I will be expecting your input soonest. Once again, thanks

The emmc chip might be damaged.
Are you able to flash preloader.bin?

Note!
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
Enthusiastic Member
09-03-2016, 07:47 AM
(08-03-2016, 10:59 PM)hovatek
(08-03-2016, 02:41 PM)simplemartcrown17 Thank you for your time. I used this one too, but not successful. Please give me more options i need to resolve this issue.I have attached various error i got while trying to flash the phone (same on windows 10,7,XP). I also used different USB cable, no success. I will be expecting your input soonest. Once again, thanks

The emmc chip might be damaged.
Are you able to flash preloader.bin?

Yes. I was able to flash preloader.bin separately. I also tried flashing each file separately but keep getting error. I did firmware upgrade, same error message and no success. Also format+download didn't work, as well as download only.
Please help unravel the mystery.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-03-2016, 02:28 PM
(09-03-2016, 07:47 AM)simplemartcrown17 Yes. I was able to flash preloader.bin separately. I also tried flashing each file separately but keep getting error. I did firmware upgrade, same error message and no success. Also format+download didn't work, as well as download only.

It seems the emmc chip is bad and needs replacement

Note!
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
simplemartcrown17
Enthusiastic Member
10-03-2016, 06:14 PM

(09-03-2016, 02:28 PM)hovatek
(09-03-2016, 07:47 AM)simplemartcrown17 Yes. I was able to flash preloader.bin separately. I also tried flashing each file separately but keep getting error. I did firmware upgrade, same error message and no success. Also format+download didn't work, as well as download only.

It seems the emmc chip is bad and needs replacement

How do i get to replace the emmc chip?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next