Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android flash tool not working
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

flash tool not working

flash tool not working

Enity
Enity
Enity
11-03-2016, 05:56 PM

Goodday admin,plz i need ur help,while i was formatting my phone,it was interrupted, and i got ( brom errorConfused_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005))error...i cant really say if it did format but my phone is totally dead.no sign of life. the stock rom i downloaded has no userdata.img and cache.img file. Tecno phantom z. thanks.
Enity
Enity
Enity
11-03-2016, 08:59 PM
surfing through this site ,i came across a thread that deals with fixing totally dead phone.i flashed the preloader.bin,after a short while,a red color progress bar appeared after which something popped up saying "pmb has change:it must be downloaded"...every attempt to flash any file proved abortive...plz kindly help out...thanks in anticipation
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-03-2016, 01:36 PM
(11-03-2016, 08:59 PM)Enity surfing through this site ,i came across a thread that deals with fixing totally dead phone.i flashed the preloader.bin,after a short while,a red color progress bar appeared after which something popped up saying  "pmb has change:it must be downloaded"...every attempt to flash any file proved abortive...plz kindly help out...thanks in anticipation

Format first then flash

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Enity
Enity
Enity
12-03-2016, 02:15 PM
According to the video guide(how to use sp flash tool),if you must format , u must have cache.img and userdata.img ,which i dont have in the Rom i downloaded for tecno phantom Z A7.Should i still proceed? thanks alot
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-03-2016, 03:04 PM

(12-03-2016, 02:15 PM)Enity According to the video guide(how to use sp flash tool),if you must format , u must have cache.img and userdata.img ,which i dont have in the Rom i downloaded for tecno phantom Z A7.Should i still proceed? thanks alot

userdata and cache are optional. ensure you have the rest

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Enity
Enity
Enity
14-03-2016, 08:45 AM
thank you very much,i formatted and flashed using download only since cache.img and usrdata.img are not part of the rom i downloaded.it flashed it but my phone keeps booting at smartlife and tecno logo.plz i dont have a good phantom z around me here. plz i wouldnt know if u can help wth the cache.img and usrdata.img .it can boot into recovery mode.plz what can be done?thanks alot
This post was last modified: 14-03-2016, 09:11 AM by Enity.
Enity
Enity
Enity
14-03-2016, 09:16 AM
i just did something now,went to recoverymode, wiped cache,wiped dat/factory rest. the i rebooted the system....my phone worked like a new phone but without imei number? what can i do?
This post was last modified: 14-03-2016, 10:06 AM by Enity.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
14-03-2016, 11:51 AM
(14-03-2016, 09:16 AM)Enity i just did something now,went to recoverymode, wiped cache,wiped dat/factory rest. the i rebooted the system....my phone worked like a new phone but without imei number? what can i do?

Fix https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html