Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Invalid IMEI on Sim 2 only on Innjoo fireplus 3G
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Invalid IMEI on Sim 2 only on Innjoo fireplus 3G

Invalid IMEI on Sim 2 only on Innjoo fireplus 3G

Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Hi all,
I had to flash my innjoo fireplus 3G device after my adventures led me into deleting a file I should not have, after the rom flash my fone came back fine two sims showed network am I using and I thought all was good because I have wifi in my office I was browsing, until I left the office then I could not browse and I knew I had a data subscription on my other line, thought the problem was with the provider did not notice invalid IMEI until 5 days later since I could not make a call or check balance on the line I called customer to report to and I was told all was well with my line, then one day I was doing something on the fone and I noticed the invalid IMEI so I went on google and I landed on this page https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html tried to do this :
IMEI Replacement Method

This method involves the use of MTK droid tools and is only applicable when your SIM cards are detected but IMEI is invalid or null. To do this:

1. Download MTK droid tools
2. Download PdaNet
3. Enable USB debugging on the phone then connect it to the PC (don't enable mass storage)
4. Install PdaNet on the PC with the phone connected; you should get a message saying drivers installed successfully.
5. Extract then launch MTK droid tools on the PC (still with phone connected to PC)
6. MTK droid tools should detect and display your phones details
7. Click on IMEI/NVRAM
8. Supply the IMEI(s) then click replace
9. Restart your phone if it isn't automatically restarted
10. Your IMEI issue should have been resolved

NVRAM Restore Method

* Note that you need a working phone of the same model to backup NVRAM first

1. Download MTK droid tools
2. Download PdaNet
3. Enable USB debugging on the GOOD phone then connect it to the PC (don't enable mass storage)
4. Install PdaNet on the PC with the phone connected; you should get a message saying drivers installed successfully.
5. Extract then launch MTK droid tools on the PC (still with phone connected to PC)
6. MTK droid tools should detect and display your phones details
7. Click IMEI / NVRAM
8. Click Backup
9. When backup is complete, open the MTK Folder > BackupNVRAM to confirm that backup was successful
8. Connect the phone with Basebrand / IMEI error to the PC still with MTK droid tools open
9. Still under IMEI / NVRAM, click Restore
10. Select the appropriate files from the windows that pop up
11. Reboot the phone once the procedure is complete

But MTK droid could not detect my device so I decided to do this :Engineering Mode Method

1. Download and Install Mobile Uncle  then grant superuser permission
2. Select Engineer mode
3. Select Engineer mode (MTK)
4. Navigate to the Connectivity tab
5. Select CDS information
3. Select Radio Information

4. At Phone 1: Insert the command below then click Send at command

Code:
Code:

AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI1"

5. At Phone 2: Insert the command below then click Send at command

Code:
Code:

AT+EGMR=1,10,"IMEI2"

5a. If you get an error like "This command is not allowed in user build" then leave a space between AT+ and EGMR as show below

Code:
Code:

AT+ EGMR=The rest of the code

6. Go back to Mobile uncle home screen

7. Click on Engineer Mode
8. Select Engineer mode (Android)
9, Select Phone information
10.  Click Turn on radio

This changed SIm one but SIM 2 remains invalid

now am trying to do this : MP0B_001 Method

1. Download ROM toolbox lite from Playstore
2. Download IMEI.zip (to create a new IMEI file) then unzip the content of the folder (imei.exe) to a folder on your desktop
3. In command prompt, navigate to the imei.exe containing folder you just created on your desktop
* NOTE cd\ then enter (returns to root directory)

Code:
Code:

cd.. enter (goes up one directory) 

Code:
Code:

cd foldername enter (navigates to a folder called foldername) 
4. A faster method is to open the imei.exe containing folder > Hold down Shift > Right-click on an empty space > Select "Open Command Window here"
5. When you're inside the imei folder in command prompt, type
imei.exe <15digit_IMEI_1> <15digit_IMEI_2>
eg

Code:
Code:

imei.exe 123456789111111 123456789111124  
6. Press Enter          
7. If both IMEIs you gave are of the correct format, a file named MP0B_001_NEW will be created. Rename it MP0B_001.
8. Now you can send it to the sd of your phone
9. Install ROM toolbox lite then go to root explorer
10. In root explorer, delete the existing MP0B_001 file (located @ device/data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI) and replace with the one you just created
11. Long press the new MP0B_001, go to permissions and tick all 9 boxes at the top then select ok (don't tick special pernissions)
12. Restart your phone
13. Your SIMs should be detected, IMEI reflect and Baseband version change from unknown to what it should be.
* Note that getting this done might not be this direct due to different scenarios but replacing the MP0B_001 file is the ultimate goal in order to fix the issue.

but the data folder is empty what do I do please
Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Okay guys problem fixed it was my mistake I had unroot my device and I forgot after I root the device back I was able to get to the file and I replaced it, and that worked the magic for me, thanks to Mathias for the help.