Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to add Access Point Names (APN) to your SWIFT Mifi / Hub

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 12:14 AM by X3non. )

Note

• Some routers / hubs don't support adding new APNs
  • Whenever you remove the sim from your device, the APN is likely to revert back to the default APN (swift's APN)
  • The APNs you add are stored on the device thus you wont need to re-add them for every new PC you connect to

How to add Access Point Names (APN) to your SWIFT Mifi / Hub

1. Connect to your Mifi device (either through USB or Wifi)
  2. Open the web management page using any browser (see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11172.html for how to access the dashboard directly from your phone)
    [Image: attachment.php?aid=2027]

3. Login using your username and password (see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11913.html if you've forgotten yours)
  4. Goto Settings > Dial-up > Profile Management
    [Image: attachment.php?aid=2028]

5. Click on New Profile
    [Image: attachment.php?aid=2029]

6. Type in a "profile name" and "APN" (very important)
  7. Click on save

Attached Files
.png   How to add Access Point Names (APN) to your SWIFT Mifi Hub (1).PNG (Size: 490.25 KB / Downloads: 93)
.png   How to add Access Point Names (APN) to your SWIFT Mifi Hub (2).PNG (Size: 317.41 KB / Downloads: 93)
.png   How to add Access Point Names (APN) to your SWIFT Mifi Hub (3).PNG (Size: 40.63 KB / Downloads: 90)
but the swift HUAWEI LTE CPE E5172 dont have profile manager
am thinking maybe there is a way to upgrade /downgrade the firmware or the dashboard
with that maybe there will be a way to add apn
(03-16-2016, 08:07 PM)klingkling Wrote: but the swift HUAWEI LTE CPE E5172 dont have profile manager
am thinking maybe there is a way to upgrade /downgrade the firmware or the dashboard

did you follow the guide above?

remember to
* connect to the device using usb or wifi
* then open any browser of your choice (ensure your browser isnt set to use a proxy server)
* type 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.1.1 and hit enter
that should get you to the web management page
(03-17-2016, 12:47 PM)X3non Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 08:07 PM)klingkling Wrote: but the swift HUAWEI LTE CPE E5172 dont have profile manager

did you follow the guide above?

remember to
* connect to the device using usb or wifi
* then open any browser of your choice (ensure your browser isnt set to use a proxy server)
* type 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.1.1 and hit enter
that should get you to the web management page

kindly check the attachment screenshot of my SWIFT LTE CPE E5172 dashboard,

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 75.63 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   Capture2.JPG (Size: 67.78 KB / Downloads: 15)
(03-17-2016, 02:26 PM)klingkling Wrote: kindly check the attachment screenshot of my SWIFT LTE CPE E5172 dashboard,

thats a totally different interface
click on all those tabs one after the other
look for "dial-up" or "profile management"
(03-19-2016, 03:09 PM)X3non Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 02:26 PM)klingkling Wrote: kindly check the attachment screenshot of my SWIFT LTE CPE E5172 dashboard,

thats a totally different interface
click on all those tabs one after the other
look for "dial-up" or "profile management"

Believe me man nothing like that on the interface, I thing the only solution to this is upgrading the interface or the firmware,
Can you help me and guide me through in how to go about the upgrade or downgrade ?
(03-20-2016, 01:57 PM)klingkling Wrote: Believe me man nothing like that on the interface, I thing the only solution to this is upgrading the interface or the firmware,
Can you help me and guide me through in how to go about the upgrade or downgrade ?

What do you have under the internet tab?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
dis picture u posted is for swift nomad not the big router am also having same issue here
(08-14-2016, 11:18 AM)akinluyi Wrote: dis picture u posted is for swift nomad not the big router am also having same issue here

It is possible that adding of APNs isnt an added feature on your device
* If you have an UPDATE tab in your dashboard, try updating and see if there's any change
in regards to the above APN issue has there been any solution?