Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Touchscreen not working properly after flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Touchscreen not working properly after flash

Touchscreen not working properly after flash

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Harryortho
Harryortho
Harryortho
Enthusiastic Member
18-03-2016, 02:31 AM

I had malware on my phone which caused eventually a new rom to be installed where no text was observed, the only option I had was to flash my phone.
After getting hardly anywhere I got a stock ROM but the touchscreen is not working properly.
I want my touchscreen working properly after I flash my phone, so far I press my touchscreen and it does not respond properly, any tips? I have a THL, I have the stock ROM scatter file, it all has an address I have tried just download that does not work, I am trying firmware upgrade and I only see a red LED on my mobile phone, I will try download and Format all too, I tried it before but not really much success.
Any tips how to bring it back to normal.
https://androidmtk.com/download-thl-stock-rom-models I got it from here

Harry
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-03-2016, 08:59 PM
(18-03-2016, 02:31 AM)Harryortho I had malware on my phone which caused eventually a new rom to be installed where no text was observed, the only option I had was to flash my phone.
After getting hardly anywhere I got a stock ROM but the touchscreen is not working properly.
I want my touchscreen working properly after I flash my phone, so far I press my touchscreen and it does not respond properly, any tips? I have a THL, I have the stock ROM scatter file, it all has an address I have tried just download that does not work, I am trying firmware upgrade and I only see a red LED on my mobile phone, I will try download and Format all too, I tried it before but not really much success.

Harry

was flashing in SP flash tool complete with the green OK prompt?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Harryortho
Harryortho
Harryortho
Enthusiastic Member
18-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Yes.
The very first times i did it with the old version no, but I redid it with version 5. Got the ok, Should I have everything checked with these files for this phone? In the Youtube video you don't have everything checked, or is this not the issue? i hear maybe a phone screen file could be an issue. what do you think?

(18-03-2016, 02:31 AM)Harryortho I had malware on my phone which caused eventually a new rom to be installed where no text was observed, the only option I had was to flash my phone.

Harry
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2016, 07:51 PM
(18-03-2016, 10:03 PM)Harryortho Yes.
The very first times i did it with the old version no, but I redid it with version 5. Got the ok, Should I have everything checked with these files for this phone? In the Youtube video you don't have everything checked, or is this not the issue? i hear maybe a phone screen file could be an issue. what do you think?

might be an incompatible firmware.
list the files in the firmware / stock ROM folder. a screenshot would be fine

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Harryortho
Harryortho
Harryortho
Enthusiastic Member
19-03-2016, 08:46 PM

(19-03-2016, 07:51 PM)hovatek
(18-03-2016, 10:03 PM)Harryortho Yes.

might be an incompatible firmware.
list the files in the firmware / stock ROM folder. a screenshot would be fine

I was thinking about other Roms like a lollipop version but can't find any using this tool considering my phone is also not working properly
Needrom is a good site but not sure how to do it with the same method from them
Attached Files
.png
Firmwarelist.png
Size: 167.89 KB / Downloads: 22
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2016, 05:50 PM
(19-03-2016, 08:46 PM)Harryortho I was thinking about other Roms like a lollipop version but can't find any using this tool considering my phone is also not working properly

you might need to try another firmware. try flashing this one using the firmware upgrade option via SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
BTW, is it that the screen doesn't respond at all or it freezes? what exactly is wrong with the touch?

Note!
Harryortho
Harryortho
Harryortho
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2016, 04:03 PM
The phone screen is at best partially responsive-
The top of the screen responds when I select things at the bottom
The bottom of the screen responds when I select the things at the top but the middle is not really very responsive either

In terms of the ROM, do you mean flash the one I have listed or the one in NEEDROM website for the update of the official one?

(20-03-2016, 05:50 PM)hovatek
(19-03-2016, 08:46 PM)Harryortho I was thinking about other Roms like a lollipop version but can't find any using this tool considering my phone is also not working properly

you might need to try another firmware. try flashing this one using the firmware upgrade option via SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
BTW, is it that the screen doesn't respond at all or it freezes? what exactly is wrong with the touch?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-03-2016, 07:38 PM
(22-03-2016, 04:03 PM)Harryortho you might need to try another firmware. try flashing this one using the firmware upgrade option via SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

thats between a calibrator (hardware) and a firmware (software) issue. I suggest you scout for other firmware and flash. If it persists then its likely a hardware issue

Note!
Harryortho
Harryortho
Harryortho
Enthusiastic Member
26-03-2016, 01:32 AM
It is strange as the touchscreen was working fine before the issues that came up.
I pressed the factory reset but and cannot seem to fulfill the steps properly. Is there a good ROM you know of for MKT6589 chipset lollipop or marshmallow with the scatter and bin files, everything I have checked online requires other software for a phone screen that is working but in my case this does not apply since my touchscreen is malfunctioning. I am hoping to just find a scatter file and .bin file with the rom that will work.

I tried to repeat flashing as you said but not sure how to do it properly since I am not sure what I need to have checked and unchecked, do I only upgrade? do I only download? do I format and update firmware , I am using the latest SM flash tool, I have a USB cable and my chrome tabes are at least 11 tabs on this issue and will probably grow.
Any tips?
I can't pay for some reason, it might be useful to do a computer handover to try to fix my phone from your end, my phone is a THL 5000 MKt6589 chipset, I want a decent ROM but MKT 6589 do not do OTA updates and THL only hand one ROM for the phones I think.
(22-03-2016, 07:38 PM)hovatek
(22-03-2016, 04:03 PM)Harryortho you might need to try another firmware. try flashing this one using the firmware upgrade option via SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

thats between a calibrator (hardware) and a firmware (software) issue. I suggest you scout for other firmware and flash. If it persists then its likely a hardware issue
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-03-2016, 12:10 PM

(26-03-2016, 01:32 AM)Harryortho It is strange as the touchscreen was working fine before the issues that came up.
I pressed the factory reset but and cannot seem to fulfill the steps properly. Is there a good ROM you know of for MKT6589 chipset lollipop or marshmallow with the scatter and bin files, everything I have checked online requires other software for a phone screen that is working but in my case this does not apply since my touchscreen is malfunctioning. I am hoping to just find a scatter file and .bin file with the rom that will work.

I tried to repeat flashing as you said but not sure how to do it properly since I am not sure what I need to have checked and unchecked, do I only upgrade? do I only download? do I format and update firmware , I am using the latest SM flash tool, I have a USB cable and my chrome tabes are at least 11 tabs on this issue and will probably grow.
Any tips?
I can't pay for some reason, it might be useful to do a computer handover to try to fix my phone from your end, my phone is a THL 5000 MKt6589 chipset, I want a decent ROM but MKT 6589 do not do OTA updates and THL only hand one ROM for the phones I think.
[quote='hovatek' pid='71802' dateline='1458671903']
[quote='Harryortho' pid='71783' dateline='1458658991']

I think its a kernel issue, the firmware isn't fully compatible with the phone.
have you tried https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9539.html

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next