Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Urgent Assistance on Unisoc / Spreadtrum
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Urgent Assistance on Unisoc / Spreadtrum

[Please help] Urgent Assistance on Unisoc / Spreadtrum

Yomexshow92
Yomexshow92
Yomexshow92
Techie Member
19-03-2016, 03:48 AM

Research / Upgrade download tool does not show waiting.... instead, the phone just charges

Message: After you click Start and connect the phone to the PC, the tool doesn't show waiting. Instead, the phone begins charging or shows a charging sign. You could sometimes get the USB connection-disconnection sound on the PC

Meaning: The Spreadtrum drivers have not been properly associated with the device

Solution:

* Launch Device manager (Right-click My Computer > Select Manage)
* Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cord, Device manager should refresh
* Take note of what the phone is detected as (often as Unknown or Spreadtrum under Other devices)
* Right-click whatever the phone is detect as and select Update Driver Software...
* Select Browse my computer for driver software
* Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
* Click Next
* Click Have Disk
* Proceed with the Spreadtrum (SCiU2S) driver installation steps described at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-827.html and click Yes if you get an Update Driver warning
the driver couldnt installed on my system after i av chosen click have a disk and i later noticed that instead of spreadtrum that it created under other device changed to SCI Anroid USB2Serial
with port number...Need the slution and am using window7 64bit
This post was last modified: 19-03-2016, 02:31 PM by Yomexshow92. Edit Reason: misspelled a word
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2016, 07:56 PM
(19-03-2016, 03:48 AM)Yomexshow92 Research / Upgrade download tool does not show waiting.... instead, the phone just charges

Message: After you click Start and connect the phone to the PC, the tool doesn't show waiting. Instead, the phone begins charging or shows a charging sign. You could sometimes get the USB connection-disconnection sound on the PC

Meaning: The Spreadtrum drivers have not been properly associated with the device

Solution:

* Launch Device manager (Right-click My Computer > Select Manage)
* Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cord, Device manager should refresh
* Take note of what the phone is detected as (often as Unknown or Spreadtrum under Other devices)
* Right-click whatever the phone is detect as and select Update Driver Software...
* Select Browse my computer for driver software
* Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
* Click Next
* Click Have Disk
* Proceed with the Spreadtrum (SCiU2S) driver installation steps described at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-827.html and click Yes if you get an Update Driver warning
the driver couldnt installed on my system after i av chosen click have a disk and i later noticed that instead of spreadtrum that it created under other device changed to SCI Anroid USB2Serial
with port number...Need the slution and am using window7 64bit

what did your phone get detected as under device manager when connected to PC?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
19-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Bro, for spreadtrum drivers to install properly , during windows boot press F8 key, then select "disable driver signature enforcement" 100000% solution for spreadtrum (Sci drivers)

droidmobitech from gsmghana
Yomexshow92
Yomexshow92
Yomexshow92
Techie Member
20-03-2016, 09:02 AM
@droidmobitech pls will I uninstall all the sci driver after "disable driver signature enforcement" and @hovatek b4 I did the solution I posted it see it as spectrum under other devices bt nw it see it as SCI Anroid USB2Serial(COMportnumber)
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
20-03-2016, 10:26 AM

(20-03-2016, 09:02 AM)Yomexshow92 @droidmobitech pls will I uninstall all the sci driver after "disable driver signature enforcement" and @hovatek b4 I did the solution I posted it see it as spectrum under other devices bt nw it see it as SCI Anroid USB2Serial(COMportnumber)

Yeah for SPD phones to detect properly
It must install the following
Sci serial port driver
Spreadtrum enumerator com port
And sci diagnostic com port

If did it well, you should have all the three or more installed correctly

droidmobitech
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
20-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Times time it won't be found at other drivers but at port driver area meaning you are now on track.