Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno p9 won't display after flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno p9 won't display after flashing

Tecno p9 won't display after flashing

nicckymouse
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
Enthusiastic Member
20-03-2016, 08:26 AM

Hi.. I flashed my Tecno p9 tab with ROM from your site (I tried both 4.2 and 4.4) but in both cases it powers on but won't display anything on the screen.. Sp flash tool completes flashing the tab and verifies. My PC can detect the phone memory when I plug it after flashing but won't read the contents inside. Please help...

Sent from my TECNO H6 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2016, 07:03 PM
(20-03-2016, 08:26 AM)nicckymouse Hi.. I flashed my Tecno p9 tab with ROM from your site (I tried both 4.2 and 4.4) but in both cases it powers on but won't display anything on the screen.. Sp flash tool completes flashing the tab and verifies. My PC can detect the phone memory when I plug it after flashing but won't read the contents inside. Please help...

download preloader.bin @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1614
replace the preloader.bin in the firmware with this then reflash

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 09:41 AM
I have done that. it still does not display but it seems its powering on coz when I connect it to my PC its now appearing as Tecno p9 in devices and printers

nicckymouse
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Thanks so much.. It has finally worked after trying your trick several times.. I downloaded the preloader.bin as instructed and did the replacement as instructed . the first attempt did not work then the second worked. But now it does not go past the Tecno logo and does not show recovery menu

This post was last modified: 21-03-2016, 12:02 PM by nicckymouse.
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 12:04 PM

The phone is now displaying but won't go past the Tecno logo. It does not boot into recovery

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-03-2016, 02:47 PM
(21-03-2016, 12:04 PM)nicckymouse The phone is now displaying but won't go past the Tecno logo. It does not boot into recovery

What button combo are you using to boot into recovery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
nicckymouse
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 03:13 PM
It seem I did not let the phone charge enough thats why it won't show the recovery menu . after charging for 3 hours the phone was at 8% and I managed to access the recovery menu. I formated and after rebooting it worked well... Thanks a lot