Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android tecno f8 freezing on tecno logo
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

tecno f8 freezing on tecno logo

tecno f8 freezing on tecno logo

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
termaque
termaque
termaque
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 11:08 AM

hi. my tecno f8 is freezing on the tecno logo i have tried flashing it using the rom for tecno f8 i downloaded from your site but ere is no change. and also the recovery, cache and userdata files are missing from the rom. i have another stock that can be installed using the recovery mode but it is not completing. its jus saying installation aborted. can you assist me with another rom for tecno f8 as well as the clockworkmod file. my email is termaque@gmail.com thank you
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2016, 01:52 PM
(21-03-2016, 11:08 AM)termaque hi. my tecno f8 is freezing on the tecno logo i have tried flashing it using the rom for tecno f8 i downloaded from your site but ere is no change. and also the recovery, cache and userdata files are missing from the rom. i have another stock that can be installed using the recovery mode but it is not completing. its jus saying installation aborted. can you assist me with another rom for tecno f8 as well as the clockworkmod file. my email is termaque@gmail.com thank you

* after flashing, do a factory reset in recovery mode

* inside the f8 backup, there is a file named "factory_NONmodified_recovery.img" ..you can use that file as the recovery image
termaque
termaque
termaque
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 02:03 PM
(21-03-2016, 01:52 PM)X3non
(21-03-2016, 11:08 AM)termaque hi. my tecno f8 is freezing on the tecno logo i have tried flashing it using the rom for tecno f8 i downloaded from your site but ere is no change. and also the recovery, cache and userdata files are missing from the rom. i have another stock that can be installed using the recovery mode but it is not completing. its jus saying installation aborted. can you assist me with another rom for tecno f8 as well as the clockworkmod file. my email is termaque@gmail.com thank you

* after flashing, do a factory reset in recovery mode

* inside the f8 backup, there is a file named "factory_NONmodified_recovery.img" ..you can use that file as the recovery image

i have flashed it and entered into recovery mode but i cant do a factory reset its saying mount /data error, force format /data
termaque
termaque
termaque
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 02:05 PM
i have flashed it and entered into recovery mode but i cant do a factory reset its saying mount /data error, force format /data
termaque
termaque
termaque
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2016, 02:06 PM

how do i access the f8 backup?.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2016, 02:53 PM
(21-03-2016, 02:05 PM)termaque i have flashed it and entered into recovery mode but i cant do a factory reset its saying mount /data error, force format /data

do an emmc wipe in factory mode

* boot to factory mode using vol down and power button
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-580.html
termaque
termaque
termaque
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2016, 07:42 AM
i have tried it and there is no change i am still facing the same problems. in factory mode ere is no emmc wipe option. if i press the vol up and power button i am seeing the options listed below:

reboot system now
apply update from ABD
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data

if i wipe data/factory reset it is writing Mount /data error, force format /data

what should i do now?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-03-2016, 03:44 PM
(22-03-2016, 07:42 AM)termaque i have tried it and there is no change i am still facing the same problems. in factory mode ere is no emmc wipe option. if i press the vol up and power button i am seeing the options listed below:

reboot system now
apply update from ABD
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data

if i wipe data/factory reset it is writing Mount /data error, force format /data

what should i do now?

Tell me about this other ROM you have. List the files inside.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
termaque
termaque
termaque
Enthusiastic Member
23-03-2016, 07:45 AM
it is a zipped file with a boot.img file and 3 folders (data, meta-inf and system).
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
23-03-2016, 02:56 PM

(23-03-2016, 07:45 AM)termaque it is a zipped file with a boot.img file and 3 folders (data, meta-inf and system).

This looks like a custom rom Is the system file in folder or in img file format
Pages (2): 1 2 Next