Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Acer laptoo
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Acer laptoo

Acer laptoo

welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
25-03-2016, 03:27 PM

My acer laptop showing no bootable device.

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-03-2016, 06:20 PM
(25-03-2016, 03:27 PM)welcome2aayusuf My acer laptop showing no bootable device.

Disconnect all USB drives and remove any CD in the drive

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
25-03-2016, 08:46 PM
There is a story that exist behind the problem of that computer. Which i think may be the problem cannot be solve here.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-03-2016, 11:36 AM
(25-03-2016, 08:46 PM)welcome2aayusuf There is a story that exist behind the problem of that computer. Which i think may be the problem cannot be solve here.

ok, please, share it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Adonso
Adonso
Adonso
Respected Member
29-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Friend, have your tampered with the hard drive? if not, your PC is trying to boot to a certain device which is not possible. you might want to change your boot order in bios.
in some cases you need to disconnect any new installed devices entirely (like flash drives or external HDDs).
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
30-03-2016, 09:55 AM
The story that exist behind my acer computer is that. I learn mobile reaparing and flashing, but for mobile flashing it something that required use of computer. So iwanted to get the computer but in our area you can not get computer below #70000. But do to the advantage of internet i use konga and isee the acer mini touch screen with 8 hours battery and windows 8.1 installed at #48000 which is very chip compared to those in our area. But i fail, becauae after getting the computer,itry to load mobile drivers. Some are install but some are not. I ask my friend solution to the problem. He tell me that some mobile drivers are not working on window 8 so i supposed to downgrade to window 7. Itry to downgrade but it refuse because idin't see boot option after trying many function keys. So i remove the hard disk, put it in another computer, format it load the window 7. After i return it then it started showing no bootable device.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-03-2016, 07:58 PM
(30-03-2016, 09:55 AM)welcome2aayusuf ...   After i return it then it started showing no bootable device.

* it is possible you didnt replace the HDD properly
remove the HDD and try replacing it firmly

* for the windows 8, 8.1 and 10 drivers problem. most drivers wont install because they arent digitally signed
to install unsigned drivers you have to disable driver signature.. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-752.html

* for the boot option key
when you turn on your PC.. look carefully you should see things like
F2: setup
F9: boot menu etc
press the key related to either bios setup or boot menu very quickly
possible keys you should try if you dont see any: F2, F9, F10, F12, esc, del
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-03-2016, 08:54 AM
You should see https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...tem-cd-dvd
And
https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-crea...disk-drive

Note!
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
welcome2aayusuf
31-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Itry F12 for boot menu option and its working. But the issue is that, when i swich on the laptop withing a seconds the laptop display no bootable device.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-03-2016, 09:20 PM

(31-03-2016, 01:57 PM)welcome2aayusuf Itry F12 for boot menu option and its working. But the issue is that, when i swich on the laptop withing a seconds the laptop display no bootable device.

* did you try removing the HDD and try replacing it firmly as i suggested earlier?

* you can also try this to confirm
1 using a usb flash drive create and try to install an OS using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...tem-cd-dvd
2 when you get to "where do you want to install windows" (see a screenshot of what it looks like in the attachments below)
--if you dont see any available partitions then either your HDD is damaged or wrongly placed
--if on the other hand you see partitions, then you can proceed with the guide (format and reinstall a new OS)
Attached Files
.png
where do you want to install windows.PNG
Size: 168.08 KB / Downloads: 0