Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] BRICKED MT6589 (ERROR 5069)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] BRICKED MT6589 (ERROR 5069)

[Please help] BRICKED MT6589 (ERROR 5069)

satsmagic
satsmagic
satsmagic
Enthusiastic Member
10-04-2016, 09:05 AM

I have a Micromax Canvas 4 device. Its a MT6589 based device. Please see the device details on the below link

http://www.gsmarena.com/micromax_canvas_4_a210-5590.php

I had flashed a Custom ROM on this device. Then trying to make further modifications, i was getting the below errors in recovery:

can't mount /cache/recovery/log

and it refused to flash anymore ROM's.Left with no other option, i thought of flashing back the stock ROM and then rooting agn to flash a custom rom.

However, even the stock ROM didn't flash, i was getting an error

BROM ERROR : S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

I googled a bit and some forums suggested to format flash to resolve this error. I did that and that worked and got a green circle with Format Ok.

Again, i tried flashing the stock ROM and now got a new error in SP Tools:

BROM ERROR: S_DL_PMT_ERR_NO_SPACE (5069)

I am stuck at this point and not able to flash the stock ROM. After loading the scatter file, only flashing of Preloader works. Remaining all is stuck.

Running a memory test on SP tools gives an error that

NAND FLASH WAS NOT DETECTED

Tried using SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01 & SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1312.0.139

Please help me out. Googled all around but cant find any solution

I tried Download Only, Firmware upgrade option in SP Flash tools

The scatter file of the Stock ROM is attached herewith.

Please note the custom ROM after which i faced problems was based on Kitkat and the stock firmware is Jellybean based. There has been no KK based stock firmware released for this device by the manufacturer.

My device is a clone of Wiko Stairway device, see the below link
http://world.wikomobile.com/m59-stairway

Also sold in Latin America by Blu as Blu Life One
http://www.techtree.com/content/features...e-one.html

The device is basically a Chinese Phone rebranded and sold in India as Micromax Canvas 4, sold as Wiko Stairway in France, sold as Blu Life One in LatAm. Can you help me identify which Chinese Phone is it, so that we can also try the Chinese firmwares, MTK backups to bring it back to life.
This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 03:15 PM by satsmagic.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
Size: 524 bytes / Downloads: 8
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-04-2016, 08:59 PM
(10-04-2016, 09:05 AM)satsmagic I have a Micromax Canvas 4 device. Its a MT6589 based device. Please see the device details on the below link

I had flashed a Custom ROM on this device. Then trying to make further modifications, i was getting the below errors in recovery:

and it refused to flash anymore ROM's.Left with no other option, i thought of flashing back the stock ROM and then rooting agn to flash a custom rom.

I googled a bit and some forums suggested to format flash to resolve this error. I did that and that worked and got a green circle with Format Ok.

I am stuck at this point and not able to flash the stock ROM. After loading the scatter file, only flashing of Preloader works. Remaining all is stuck.

Please note the custom ROM after which i faced problems was based on Kitkat and the stock firmware is Jellybean based. There has been no KK based stock firmware released for this device by the manufacturer.

The device is basically a Chinese Phone rebranded and sold in India as Micromax Canvas 4, sold as Wiko Stairway in France, sold as Blu Life One in LatAm. Can you help me identify which Chinese Phone is it, so that we can also try the Chinese firmwares, MTK backups to bring it back to life.

Have you ever successfully flashed the firmware you're trying to flash now to the phone?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
satsmagic
satsmagic
satsmagic
Enthusiastic Member
10-04-2016, 09:03 PM
(10-04-2016, 08:59 PM)hovatek
(10-04-2016, 09:05 AM)satsmagic I have a Micromax Canvas 4 device. Its a MT6589 based device. Please see the device details on the below link

Have you ever successfully flashed the firmware you're trying to flash now to the phone?

yes have flashed it many times earlier, its the stock ROM, that came with the device
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-04-2016, 10:12 AM
(10-04-2016, 09:03 PM)satsmagic yes have flashed it many times earlier, its the stock ROM, that came with the device

The phone's emmc chip might be damaged.
Have you tried another firmware?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
satsmagic
satsmagic
satsmagic
Enthusiastic Member
11-04-2016, 10:37 AM

(11-04-2016, 10:12 AM)hovatek
(10-04-2016, 09:03 PM)satsmagic yes have flashed it many times earlier, its the stock ROM, that came with the device

The phone's emmc chip might be damaged.
Have you tried another firmware?

there are 3 different versions of the stock firmware (all on jellybean)

Have tried them all, gives the same result.

Does that mean the emmc is gone.

Please see attached the memory test result.
Attached Files
.txt
Memory Detection Report.txt
Size: 678 bytes / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-04-2016, 07:45 PM
(11-04-2016, 10:37 AM)satsmagic there are 3 different versions of the stock firmware (all on jellybean)

Seems the emmc chip is damaged.

Note!
satsmagic
satsmagic
satsmagic
Enthusiastic Member
12-04-2016, 03:44 AM
(11-04-2016, 07:45 PM)hovatek
(11-04-2016, 10:37 AM)satsmagic there are 3 different versions of the stock firmware (all on jellybean)

Seems the emmc chip is damaged.

Is this definitely a hardware issue. Any other test / check I can do to confirm that. The preloader flashes properly. The memory test reads the emmc, it only says nand flash not detected, might be I spoiled the partitions.
Is there anyway I can somehow rebuild the partitions or in case the nand flash is corrupted, is there anyway I can use an external memory card as Nand flash
This post was last modified: 12-04-2016, 03:50 AM by satsmagic.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-04-2016, 11:30 AM
(12-04-2016, 03:44 AM)satsmagic Is this definitely a hardware issue. Any other test / check I can do to confirm that. The preloader flashes properly. The memory test reads the emmc, it only says nand flash not detected, might be I spoiled the partitions.
Is there anyway I can somehow rebuild the partitions or in case the nand flash is corrupted, is there anyway I can use an external memory card as Nand flash

We've not gotten access to such a phone long enough to work on a fix.
So far, changing the emmc chip is the fix
This post was last modified: 12-04-2016, 11:32 AM by hovatek.

Note!
satsmagic
satsmagic
satsmagic
Enthusiastic Member
13-04-2016, 09:12 AM
(12-04-2016, 11:30 AM)hovatek
(12-04-2016, 03:44 AM)satsmagic Is this definitely a hardware issue. Any other test / check I can do to confirm that. The preloader flashes properly. The memory test reads the emmc, it only says nand flash not detected, might be I spoiled the partitions.

We've not gotten access to such a phone long enough to work on a fix.
So far, changing the emmc chip is the fix

Is it possible to use an external EMMC (sd card) to draw partitions on it to use it.

This phone has internal memory of 16 gigs and as i understand you mean by 'chaging the EMMC' you refer to the internal sd card which is inbuilt in the phone.

Can that be really changed without changin the whole motherboard.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-04-2016, 10:44 AM

(13-04-2016, 09:12 AM)satsmagic Is it possible to use an external EMMC (sd card) to draw partitions on it to use it.

This phone has internal memory of 16 gigs and as i understand you mean by 'chaging the EMMC' you refer to the internal sd card which is inbuilt in the phone.

Can that be really changed without changin the whole motherboard.

You can change the emmc chip.
No, you can't use an SD card in its place

Note!