Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to manually create or modify a scatter file for a Mediatek (MTK) Android phone

(05-04-2016, 08:51 PM)beratest Wrote: I've removed the parts from Scatter file that are not present in the block info.

But on the scatter file I've downloaded the parts were going as :
partition_index: SYS0
partition_index: SYS1
partition_index: SYS2
partition_index: SYS3

Now as I removed some of them the order is broken, should I fix it according to the "N" column in Block Info?

Nope.... You don't need to... Just leave it the way it is.

Sent from my Primo RM2 mini using Hovatek mobile

(05-04-2016, 08:51 PM)beratest Wrote: I've removed the parts from Scatter file that are not present in the block info.

Now as I removed some of them the order is broken, should I fix it according to the "N" column in Block Info?

A rep will attend to you on Skype
(05-05-2016, 03:56 PM)hovatek Wrote:

A rep will attend to you on Skype

Ok, waiting. Thank you.
My phone gets detected by MTKDT, but when clicking Blocks Map, it doesn't show a list of things like the image in the guide. I've attached a screenshot of what mine shows.

My device has an MT6735, and apparently v2.5.3d (which is what I'm running) supports the newer MT67xx 64-bit SoCs, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if my device actually isn't supported?

Attached Files
.png   MTKDT-MT6735.png (Size: 98.91 KB / Downloads: 24)
(06-12-2016, 07:07 PM)Aerieana Wrote: My phone gets detected by MTKDT, but when clicking Blocks Map, it doesn't show a list of things like the image in the guide. I've attached a screenshot of what mine shows.

My device has an MT6735, and apparently v2.5.3d (which is what I'm running) supports the newer MT67xx 64-bit SoCs, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if my device actually isn't supported?

Your chipset on Lollipop isn't supported
(06-13-2016, 04:40 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 07:07 PM)Aerieana Wrote: My phone gets detected by MTKDT, but when clicking Blocks Map, it doesn't show a list of things like the image in the guide. I've attached a screenshot of what mine shows.

Your chipset on Lollipop isn't supported

My device isn't on Lollipop, it came with Marshmallow. :/
(06-13-2016, 05:12 PM)Aerieana Wrote: My device isn't on Lollipop, it came with Marshmallow. :/

Sorry, I meant Marshmallow
(06-13-2016, 08:05 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:12 PM)Aerieana Wrote: My device isn't on Lollipop, it came with Marshmallow. :/

Sorry, I meant Marshmallow

Do you know if development of MTK Droid Tool has been dropped? the last update for it was Feb 2015, and that wasn't even from the original developer, the previous official release before that was from Jan 2014...
(06-13-2016, 09:54 PM)Aerieana Wrote: Do you know if development of MTK Droid Tool has been dropped? the last update for it was Feb 2015, and that wasn't even from the original developer, the previous official release before that was from Jan 2014...

Don't know for sure
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2016, 10:25 AM by skullnbones. )
I'm trying to manually create scatter.txt for my Lenovo Tab2 A10-70L (MT6752), following the guide in OP but when I load it in SPFlash I get error 'S_DL_LOAD_REGION_IS_OVERLAP, PLEASE CHECK PARTITION SIZE'.

I have modified the MT6752_Android_scatter.txt (downloaded from https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12724.html) according to block device info obtained from MTK Droid tool (see picture and txt attached).

Then I copied the modified scatter in SPFT folder where my backup is.

I don't know what exactly I did wrong, I'll be gratefull if someone will help me.

Attached Files
.jpg   BlockInfo.jpg (Size: 75.37 KB / Downloads: 18)
.txt   MT6752_Android_scatter.txt (Size: 7.74 KB / Downloads: 6)