Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] GIONEE m5mini Rom Backup
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] GIONEE m5mini Rom Backup

[Please help] GIONEE m5mini Rom Backup

lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
20-04-2016, 01:54 PM

Please i'm facing serious difficulty with my GIONEE m5mini, i'm trying to make a backup of my rom using MTK Droid Tools but it seems not to be working.

I've Intalled all the necessary drivers but still not working. After running MTK Droid Tools as an ADMINISTRATOR, and connected my phone with USB DEBUGGING enabled and it displayed my phone's information with a yellow box at the left but the information is not complete because the IMEI is not displayed. But i ignored it and click on ROOT and granted root permission both on phone and PC and it started loading with a green process bar and it never stops, it will get to the end and restart and the yellow box doesn't turn to green.

I've also tried to use the READ BACK method with MTK DROID TOOLS and SP FLASH TOOLS but after clicking on BLOCK MAPS and it showed another window for me to click CREATE A SCATTER FILE but the CREATE A SCATTER FILE is unclickable, i.e. it's greyed out, you can't click it.

Please help! What do i do?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 20-04-2016, 02:16 PM by lakunle1love.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-04-2016, 08:01 PM
(20-04-2016, 01:54 PM)lakunle1love Please i'm facing serious difficulty with my GIONEE m5mini, i'm trying to make a backup of my rom using MTK Droid Tools but it seems not to be working.

I've Intalled all the necessary drivers but still not working. After running MTK Droid Tools as an ADMINISTRATOR, and connected my phone with USB DEBUGGING enabled and it displayed my phone's information with a yellow box at the left but the information is not complete because the IMEI is not displayed. But i ignored it and click on ROOT and granted root permission both on phone and PC and it started loading with a green process bar and it never stops, it will get to the end and restart and the yellow box doesn't turn to green.

I've also tried to use the READ BACK method with MTK DROID TOOLS and SP FLASH TOOLS but after clicking on BLOCK MAPS and it showed another window for me to click CREATE A SCATTER FILE but the CREATE A SCATTER FILE is unclickable, i.e. it's greyed out, you can't click it.

create a scatter file using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html and readback using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
20-04-2016, 11:50 PM
(20-04-2016, 08:01 PM)hovatek
(20-04-2016, 01:54 PM)lakunle1love Please i'm facing serious difficulty with my GIONEE m5mini, i'm trying to make a backup of my rom using MTK Droid Tools but it seems not to be working.

create a scatter file using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html and readback using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

Thanks so much but please can i get a video tutorial for this? And MT6580 is not listed among the scatter files

This post was last modified: 21-04-2016, 09:43 AM by lakunle1love.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-04-2016, 10:50 AM
We'll drop a video soon

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
21-04-2016, 11:02 AM

(21-04-2016, 10:50 AM)hovatek We'll drop a video soon

Thanks.  And MT6580 is not listed among the scatter files , where do i get it please?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-04-2016, 12:10 AM
(21-04-2016, 11:02 AM)lakunle1love Thanks.  And MT6580 is not listed among the scatter files , where do i get it please?

its been added

Note!
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
22-04-2016, 01:32 AM
(22-04-2016, 12:10 AM)hovatek
(21-04-2016, 11:02 AM)lakunle1love Thanks.  And MT6580 is not listed among the scatter files , where do i get it please?

its been added

Thanks