Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] HOW TO CHANGE PROCESSOR NAME OF YOUR PC

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 09:19 AM by hovatek. Edit Reason: image size )

This is for educational purpose only. And if you aren't comfortable playing with registry editor i suggest you leave the thread Big Grin
you could trick your friends that you have the fastest processor. i shall not be held responsible for any damages caused by not following the procedures correctly.

1st: open registry editor > click on start menu > type "regedit" > press enter
2nd: Select the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\SYSTEM\CENTRAL PROCESSOR\0

[Image: how-to-change-processor-name-of-windows-pc-1.png]

3rd: on the right hand side, right click on "PROCESSOR NAME" and click on "MODIFY"

[Image: how-to-change-processor-name-of-windows-pc-2.png]

4th: type the name of whatever processor you like in "VALUE DATA" and click OK
Finally Restart your PC.

[Image: how-to-change-processor-name-of-windows-pc-3.png]

Attached Files
.png   1.PNG (Size: 64.49 KB / Downloads: 59)
.png   2.PNG (Size: 66.75 KB / Downloads: 62)
.png   3.PNG (Size: 115.52 KB / Downloads: 6)
Nice one bro

Sent from Hovatek Forum on Tapatalk
thanks
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM by hovatek. )
(02-01-2015, 10:05 AM)X3non Wrote: This is for educational purpose only. And if you aren't comfortable playing with registry editor i suggest you leave the thread Big Grin
you could trick your friends that you have the fastest processor. i shall not be ld responsible for any damages caused by not following the procedures correctly.
Wow, this is great
Nice one need to try these to mock element 3D
Great
Does it realy necesary to change the name?
Lol ma test am :-D
(04-12-2015, 09:00 AM)kay4dam69 Wrote: Does it realy necesary to change the name?

not really. it can be for fun like tricking your friend to believe you have the best processor or when buying a 2nd hand system for example not to totally believe what you see if properties of my computer
Ok,let me give it a try