Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] VK700 MAX scatter file invalid

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2016, 04:03 PM by zzq. )

Hi there.

I have a big problem with my smartphone. I bought vk700 max in the end of march. Everything was perfect but yesterday my phone went wrong. It was installing apps by itself without my permission. I was worried so I decided to do factory data reset, I thought that maybe I downloaded something bad or went to bad website (I don't remember I did that but in that case it could be that it is source of my problem). But as I can see when I turn on the wifi, after few seconds I saw that app has been installed and shortcut has been made but I did nothing, just turned on wifi. I thought "maybe I should make root and then unistall some weird apps hidden in os" but any program can't do that. Then I read that I have to uprade firmware so I went to vk website and downloaded latest os. Then turned on flashtool, selected scatter file and... It said that my scatter file is invalid. Even when I did it with flashing program included in package with rom that I get from vk website it said that scatter file is invalid... What should I do? In internet I didn't find anything about my problem, moreover, I didn't find ANYTHING about my phone :/... Please help, I don't have any working phone now but I need it D:

Thanks in advance.

Where did u get the scattered file coz if the scattered file is not for your phone version you have brick your phone

Sent from my TECNO M5 using Hovatek mobile
I got it from producent website in files for exactly my phone. http://vkworld.cc/Romupdate/2016/0219/189.html and scatter file from this package doesn't work but it's for my model...
What I can do?
(04-24-2016, 04:03 PM)zzq Wrote: Hi there.

I have a big problem with my smartphone. I bought vk700 max in the end of march. Everything was perfect but yesterday my phone went wrong. It was installing apps by itself without my permission. I was worried so I decided to do factory data reset, I thought that maybe I downloaded something bad or went to bad website (I don't remember I did that but in that case it could be that it is source of my problem). But as I can see when I turn on the wifi, after few seconds I saw that app has been installed and shortcut has been made but I did nothing, just turned on wifi. I thought "maybe I should make root and then unistall some weird apps hidden in os" but any program can't do that. Then I read that I have to uprade firmware so I went to vk website and downloaded latest os. Then turned on flashtool, selected scatter file and... It said that my scatter file is invalid. Even when I did it with flashing program included in package with rom that I get from vk website it said that scatter file is invalid... What should I do? In internet I didn't find anything about my problem, moreover, I didn't find ANYTHING about my phone :/... Please help, I don't have any working phone now but I need it D:

Thanks in advance.

First of all what is the name of the scatter name (exact name) also open the scatter file and send a screenshot of what you see or paste the contents of the scatter file here
(04-24-2016, 06:25 PM)zzq Wrote: What I can do?

to resolve the scatter file error, see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-439.html
ensure to use SP flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)