Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno P5 shows PMT of the rom has changed, you need to download on SP flash tool p .
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno P5 shows PMT of the rom has changed, you need to download on SP flash tool p .

Tecno P5 shows PMT of the rom has changed, you need to download on SP flash tool p .

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-05-2016, 02:59 PM

(20-05-2016, 11:44 AM)mensa After going through the guide. I was instructed to flash secor.img. I just realised that secro.img was part of the flash files

Yet I download the secor.img alone from hovatek and flashed it using sp flash tool but after rebooting the phone,  the same thing persisted. The network disconnects when switched to only 3G.  Please what am I not doing right?

if you still have the stock rom you flashed
use sp flash tools to format first then download (flash all files in the stock rom)

if the problem still persists.. then
  • You’ll need to get a working phone of the same model which is not having the issue

• Flash TWRP recovery to both phones (Use SP flash tool if not rooted and Rashr.apk if rooted)

• Boot the working phone into TWRP recovery (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html) and backup the system, secro and nvram partitions

• Move the TWRP (backup) folder from the internal storage of the working phone to that of the phone having the 3G issue

• Boot the affected phone into TWRP recovery

• Restore the backup and reboot the phone
mensa
mensa
mensa
23-05-2016, 10:46 PM
In the first place, my phone doesn't have twrp wecovery. I was able to install clockworkmode recovery. I searched for the twrp recovery but never found one

Please, for the past 2daysthat I have been absent from this awesome site, I have been tossing myself with format. Flashing stock rom and secro image that I got from hovatek. Nothing seems to work.

About getting a working phone of the same model: there is a problem because I have searched and yet have not find one.

Is there a way you can help me out please
This post was last modified: 23-05-2016, 10:59 PM by mensa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-05-2016, 08:45 PM
(14-05-2016, 10:23 PM)mensa Please, the variant 1 and 2 cannot be extracted but was able to flash the variant 3 and it flashed but I wonder if that is a stock rom.

I observed these:
First, the imei was invalid when I entered *#06# on the dialpad meaning there is something wrong with the baseband and MPOB_001 file.

Secondly. This app: uber sync for facebook is part of the system app but the stock rom I was previously using before flashing did not have such an app.

Last but not least, the network was not available after flashing the variant 3.

I don't know if that is a stock rom but not deigned for my phone or something. I have been trying to extract the variant 2 and 3 but that is not extracting. So far, the variant 3 is what I have used and that gave me those faedbacks.
Please what should I do?

what error did you get when trying to unzip variant 1 and 2?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mensa
mensa
mensa
26-05-2016, 07:16 PM
I have not been able to unzip it. it does not look like a file capable of unzipping to me since am only using winrar.

I don't know if there is a peculiar software I must use to unzip the files.
mensa
mensa
mensa
26-05-2016, 09:49 PM

Please I used 7zip to unzip the variant 1 and 2. Both variants showed invalid imei when I entered *#06# on the dialpad.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-05-2016, 09:56 PM
(26-05-2016, 07:16 PM)mensa I have not been able to unzip it. it does not look like a file capable of unzipping to me since am only using winrar.

I don't know if there is a peculiar software I must use to unzip the files.

whats the error you got when you tried extracting using winrar?

* crosscheck the filesize of what you downloaded with the file size in the google drive link. make sure they are the same
mensa
mensa
mensa
26-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Winrar could not unzip at all.  I have been able to unzip using 7zip and all flashed alright but both variant 1 and 2 showed invalid imei when entered *#06# 0n the dialpad: likewise,  variant 3 showed invalid imei aswell but that was what I could unzip till today.

Yes,  the variant 1 and 3 had equal sizes as that of Google Drive but the variant 2 showed 339mb with the one on Google Drive showing 334mb

The first image shows how the variant 1 and 3 looks like after flashing and the second image depicts how the variant 2 looks like.

In all, imei was seen invalid when entered *#06#.
This post was last modified: 27-05-2016, 02:21 AM by mensa. Edit Reason: the first image is how the varia
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20160526_220111_517.JPG
Size: 1.57 MB / Downloads: 6
.jpg
IMG_20160526_220747_612.JPG
Size: 1.33 MB / Downloads: 1
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
27-05-2016, 11:22 AM
(26-05-2016, 10:08 PM)mensa Winrar could not unzip at all.  I have been able to unzip using 7zip and all flashed alright but both variant 1 and 2 showed invalid imei when entered *#06# 0n the dialpad: likewise,  variant 3 showed invalid imei aswell but that was what I could unzip till today.

Yes,  the variant 1 and 3 had equal sizes as that of Google Drive but the variant 2 showed 339mb with the one on Google Drive showing 334mb

The first image shows how the variant 1 and 3 looks like after flashing and the second image depicts how the variant 2 looks like.

In all,  imei was seen invalid when entered *#06#.

See here to fix invalid imei https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
mensa
mensa
mensa
28-05-2016, 03:58 PM
I have fix that: Right now, the phone cannot access only 3G networks after creating a new MPOB_001. When I switched to only 3G: the network disconnects and no network signal is seen.

The gave me this thread

https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...-only-mode to solve the phone incapable of accessing only 3G networks.

Right now am stranded because the info they gave there was to get a similar phone with the same model but without 3G nullity problem so I can backup the nvram and secro images. I have not gotten another techno p5 since then. I want to know if you can get one so you backup those partitions and share for me to restore from that.
This post was last modified: 28-05-2016, 04:25 PM by mensa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-05-2016, 06:06 AM

(28-05-2016, 03:58 PM)mensa I have fix that: Right now, the phone cannot access only 3G networks after creating a new MPOB_001. When I switched to only 3G: the network disconnects and no network signal is seen.

The gave me this thread

https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...-only-mode to solve the phone incapable of accessing only 3G networks.

Right now am stranded because the info they gave there was to get a similar phone with the same model but without 3G nullity problem so I can backup the nvram and secro images. I have not gotten another techno p5 since then. I want to know if you can get one so you backup those partitions and share for me to restore from that.

presently,we dont

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next