05-11-2016, 04:23 PM
If you've forgotten the pattern used to lock your Android phone, we already created a guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-259.html detailing several methods you could use to regain access to your phone. The fastest fix is to do a factory reset in recovery mode. The downside of this method is that you'll lose all user data like installed apps, contacts, SMS and files saved to the phone storage (SD card shouldn't be affected).
For Infinix Hot 2 X510 users looking to remove pattern lock via a factory reset in recovery mode, you would've noticed that Vol up + Power button isn't working like it does on other Mediatek (MTK) Android phones. There's a way around this challenge and that's what this guide is about.
How to boot into recovery mode on the Infinix Hot 2 X510 using the modified Preloader.bin and LK.bin method
* Get a PC and install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
* Download the Modified LK and Preloader zip for Infinix Hot 2 X510 (attached below)
* Extract the contents of the zip file
* Flash the Modified LK.bin and Preloader.bin to the phone using SP Flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
* Disconnect the phone from the PC then boot it into recovery mode using Volume up + Power button (refer to https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html
* In recovery mode, you navigate using the Volume buttons and select using the Power button
* Select Wipe data / factory reset and select Yes to confirm
* Reboot the phone