Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unrooting GIONEE M5with kingroot

I want to unroot my phone using kingroot cos I want to run an update but when I did that last, after root checker confirmed that my phone wasn't rooted. It got bricked when running the update. So, what do I do so that when I want to run an update again, I won't risk my phone getting bricked cos I can't afford to lose files and apps on my phone.

Sent from my M5 using Hovatek mobile

(05-13-2016, 12:08 PM)s.m Wrote: I want to unroot my phone using kingroot cos I want to run an update but when I did that last, after root checker confirmed that my phone wasn't rooted. It got bricked when running the update. So, what do I do so that when I want to run an update again, I won't risk my phone getting bricked cos I can't afford to lose files and apps on my phone.

download stock rom and flash boot, recovery and system
it should completely unroot any device

* refer to https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-unroot-a...ota-update
Then I lose my files?

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2016, 10:14 PM by X3non. )
(05-13-2016, 12:44 PM)s.m Wrote: Then I lose my files?

if you flash just those 3 files then no you wont loose your files
(05-13-2016, 12:08 PM)s.m Wrote: I want to unroot my phone using kingroot cos I want to run an update but when I did that last, after root checker confirmed that my phone wasn't rooted. It got bricked when running the update. So, what do I do so that when I want to run an update again, I won't risk my phone getting bricked cos I can't afford to lose files and apps on my phone.

Download the stock firmware and Flash only recovery, boot and system (Android) using SP flash tool and you won't lose any of your files

Sent from my Primo RM2 mini using Hovatek mobile
Gionee m5 stock firmware link https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3MWIAQ-r...lhsV1FObTg

Sent from my Primo RM2 mini using Hovatek mobile