Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno P5 stuck in the boot sequence and wont boot to the home screen
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno P5 stuck in the boot sequence and wont boot to the home screen

[Please help] My Tecno P5 stuck in the boot sequence and wont boot to the home screen

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
Enthusiastic Member
05-02-2015, 04:35 PM

Hello? I had some trouble with my Tecno P5 so i thought i would just flash a custom rom. i made an MTK droid tools backup and flashed CWM using the istructions on your website. i copied the rom in my memory card and booted the phone into recovery. selected the zip file and an update was done. unfortunately, even after telling me that the process was successful, the phone has not booted up since yesterday. kindly help, i will highly appreciate.
This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 11:26 AM by hovatek. Edit Reason: Tag
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-02-2015, 04:49 PM
(05-02-2015, 04:35 PM)vickielizabeths Hello? I had some trouble with my Tecno P5 so i thought i would just flash a custom rom. i made an MTK droid tools backup and flashed CWM using the istructions on your website. i copied the rom in my memory card and booted the phone into recovery. selected the zip file and an update was done. unfortunately, even after telling me that the process was successful, the phone has not booted up since yesterday. kindly help, i will highly appreciate.

since you have the MTK droid tools backup then you dont have much of a problem. simply flash the MTK backup to the phone using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
The MTK backup you made, was it done when the phone was in perfect condition?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
Enthusiastic Member
05-02-2015, 05:24 PM
(05-02-2015, 04:35 PM)vickielizabeths Hello? I had some trouble with my Tecno P5 so i thought i would just flash a custom rom. i made an MTK droid tools backup and flashed CWM using the istructions on your website. i copied the rom in my memory card and booted the phone into recovery. selected the zip file and an update was done. unfortunately, even after telling me that the process was successful, the phone has not booted up since yesterday. kindly help, i will highly appreciate.

Yes, it was in perfect condition.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-02-2015, 05:29 PM
(05-02-2015, 05:24 PM)vickielizabeths Yes, it was in perfect condition.

ok. first, manually install vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html then flash the MTK backup to the phone using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
let me know if you're having any difficulty

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
Enthusiastic Member
06-02-2015, 04:14 PM

I was unable to manually install vcom drivers.
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
Enthusiastic Member
06-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I followed all the instructions..
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
Enthusiastic Member
06-02-2015, 04:21 PM
could the problem be drivers signature verification? Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-02-2015, 04:48 PM
(06-02-2015, 04:21 PM)vickielizabeths could the problem be drivers signature verification? Thanks

what error did you get?

Note!
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
vickielizabeths
Enthusiastic Member
07-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Hello? I was unable to flash your custom ROM into my P5. Would you mind sending me a link of the phones STOCK ROM please? Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-02-2015, 12:39 PM

(07-02-2015, 12:20 PM)vickielizabeths Hello? I was unable to flash your custom ROM into my P5. Would you mind sending me a link of the phones STOCK ROM please? Thank you.

need to confirm your type of p5 first
1. is it 4.2 or 4.4
2. What's the color of TECNO when you boot, white or blue (see pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html ) ?

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next