Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] My Android Phone is bricked by Chainfire 3D

Hello Hovatek, recently I tried installing Chainfire 3D on my Tocaro D5 running jellybean(even though I know its not meant for jb, I still took the risk). And then I rebooted and gbam! Its stuck at bootup logo screen. I tried factory resetting from recovery - still no luck. Though I now use a blackberry, I'll still like to use my android cos its been 3 months now. Any help would be highly appreciated.

(05-27-2016, 02:15 PM)The Geek Wrote: Hello Hovatek, recently I tried installing Chainfire 3D on my Tocaro D5 running jellybean(even though I know its not meant for jb, I still took the risk). And then I rebooted and gbam! Its stuck at bootup logo screen. I tried factory resetting from recovery - still no luck. Though I now use a blackberry, I'll still like to use my android cos its been 3 months now. Any help would be highly appreciated.

do you have the stock rom?
or
do you have access to a working phone of same model?
(05-27-2016, 09:43 PM)X3non Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 02:15 PM)The Geek Wrote: Hello Hovatek, recently I tried installing Chainfire 3D on my Tocaro D5 running jellybean(even though I know its not meant for jb, I still took the risk). And then I rebooted and gbam! Its stuck at bootup logo screen. I tried factory resetting from recovery - still no luck. Though I now use a blackberry, I'll still like to use my android cos its been 3 months now. Any help would be highly appreciated.

do you have the stock rom?
or
do you have access to a working phone of same model?

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have either.
Please what else can be done?
(05-27-2016, 10:44 PM)The Geek Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I don't have either.

thought as much. the phone model isnt common
* is the phone running stock or custom recovery?
(05-27-2016, 11:30 PM)X3non Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 10:44 PM)The Geek Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I don't have either.

thought as much. the phone model isnt common
* is the phone running stock or custom recovery?

The phone is running stock recovery, cos I couldn't find a way to flash a custom recovery to it before the bricking, due to the fact that, as you stated above, the phone model isn't common. Once again, thanks for your replies.
Please what else can be done to revive the phone?
(05-28-2016, 01:27 PM)The Geek Wrote: Please what else can be done to revive the phone?

your best bet would be to keep looking for the stock rom or anybody with the same phone model

did you ever try using mtk droid tools to create CWM before the device got bricked?
(05-28-2016, 01:44 PM)X3non Wrote: did you ever try using mtk droid tools to create CWM before the device got bricked?

No I didn't. Can't you help me get the stock rom? Cos I've searched all over the internet but can't find one.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2016, 07:23 AM by hovatek. )
(05-28-2016, 06:49 PM)The Geek Wrote: No I didn't. Can't you help me get the stock rom? Cos I've searched all over the internet but can't find one.

see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-8311.html
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)