Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How To Change Boot Logo on an MTK Device (NOT BOOTANIMATION)

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 09:15 PM by X3non. Edit Reason: new links for logobuilder that supports newer logo.bin files )

BOOT LOGO here refers to the very first image that displays before the bootanimation. in most cases its normally the phone brands name
e.g TECNO. for newer tecnos its "Experience SmartLIFE"
For how to change the bootlogo on an SPD device, see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-17227.html

Requirements

# See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/FuTEOcEbJfw

How to Change BootLogo on an MTK Device

1. Extract the logobuilder and run logobuilder.exe

[Image: how-to-change-boot-logo-on-mtk-device-1.png]

2. Click on "create new project"
  3. Locate and select your logo.bin file
  4. Select the new project folder
  5. Logobuilder will auto. extract the contents of logo.bin file

[Image: how-to-change-boot-logo-on-mtk-device-2.png]

6. Minimise the logobuilder
  7. Now visit the project's folder and change/edit the bootlogo image. in my case its the first and last image
  8. If you are changing the image remember to resize your new image to the exact screen size of the old image
  9. Go back to logobuilder and click on "MAKE"
  10. You should get two files inside the project's folder.
  11. logo.bin which can be flashed using SPft and
  12. update.zip which can be flashed using a custom recovery.

TECNO H6 users can download ready made samsung s2 update.zip below and flash via a custom recovery.

.zip   update.zip (Size: 395.37 KB / Downloads: 77)

Credits goes to

Attached Files
.zip   LogoBuilder_v1.5.1.zip (Size: 589.52 KB / Downloads: 241)
.png   1.PNG (Size: 24.29 KB / Downloads: 234)
.zip   Tecno H6-default-update.zip (Size: 303 KB / Downloads: 50)
.png   How To Change Boot Logo on an MTK Device(NOT BOOTANIMATION).PNG (Size: 208.43 KB / Downloads: 53)
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 08:10 AM by X3non. )
works pretty much on older MTK phones ie KitKat and below so long as you have access to your device's logo.bin file.
please i changed the logo successfully.....but i wanna port back to the smart life logo.... pls i need a flashable zip
(02-18-2015, 01:05 AM)silvery Wrote: please i changed the logo successfully.....but i wanna port back to the smart life logo.... pls i need a flashable zip

check the first post for  h6's default smartlife bootlogo
This is wickedly amazing.

Thumbs up X3non
do i stil nid to install cwm recovery on my tecno p5 if necesary because i have my mtk backup already.
(04-10-2015, 11:34 PM)kay4dam69 Wrote: do i stil nid to install cwm recovery on my tecno p5 if necesary because i have my mtk backup already.

yes. if you dont wish to flash created logo.bin through spft. its simpler to flash the created update.zip through cwm
(04-11-2015, 10:33 AM)X3non Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 11:34 PM)kay4dam69 Wrote: do i stil nid to install cwm recovery on my tecno p5 if necesary because i have my mtk backup already.

yes. if you dont wish to flash created logo.bin through spft. its simpler to flash the created update.zip through cwm
Nice one although resolution beyond 480x854 not supported eg hot 2 720x1280

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile
(03-19-2016, 03:11 PM)Samwanjeri Wrote: Nice one although resolution beyond 480x854 not supported eg hot 2 720x1280

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile

* use the logo.bin for your device you can get it from your mtk backup

the one posted here is meant for tecno h6