Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno R7 Phone memory damaged and now stuck in recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno R7 Phone memory damaged and now stuck in recovery

[Please help] Tecno R7 Phone memory damaged and now stuck in recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
30-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Good day. Please, kindly help me with this issue. i was on a journey to a northern state when i got a notification on my android tool bar that " phone memory damaged" and when i clicked on it, it asked that it will format phone memory andi will lose all my files.
i switched the phone off and rebooted and it still displayed the same message in the tools bar. so I decided to boo into recovery and then did a user data backup , which was successful.
Then I rebooted again and saw the same message. I agreed o format the phone since i have created a backup but the format won't do.
so, i booted into recovery again and did a factory reset. wiped the cache too and then restored user data. it showed that restore was successful an i decided to reboot. it displayed the usual tecno logo and then showed an android robot and wrote underneath it that it was installing update from sd card and hen showed "optimizing and updating app data" or something like that.
Only to suddenly power off the screen and reboot again. then the cycle repeated once more before it automatically booted into recovery and showed
"formatting user data... done"
"restoring userdata ..."
"Error: mount user data fail"

i then removed the battery and removed he memory card and booted again. this time it booted and then displayed the recovery menu saying "SD card not present" .
if I put the sdcard ,the earlier story happens and If I removed the card, the other event happens.
I've just tried flashing it using the files from a read back I earlier made. i disnt flash the preloader. flashing was successful but after booting, samething is still happening. I am considering flashing the preloader but not sure about it, though I will do that now.
please, what else can I do if flashing the preloader doesn't solve the issue.
I am using a Tecno R7.
kindly help.
qasimbilaalmusab@gmail.com
This post was last modified: 30-05-2016, 07:11 PM by dwyrght.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20160530_175653_1.jpg
Size: 1.4 MB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-05-2016, 12:39 AM
(30-05-2016, 06:43 PM)dwyrght ...
I am using a Tecno R7.
kindly help.

which particular files did you flash?

try format first (all except bootloader) then use the download tab to flash the rom
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
01-06-2016, 06:16 AM
(31-05-2016, 12:39 AM)X3non
(30-05-2016, 06:43 PM)dwyrght ...
I am using a Tecno R7.
kindly help.

which particular files did you flash?

try format first (all except bootloader) then use the download tab to flash the rom

i am not sure i had all the files , lest i format and a file is missing.#justbeing careful
i flashed all except the preloader because 1) the preloader wasn't generated from the readback 2) was being cautious

but i have even flashed the preloader i downloaded from this site but nothing has changed.

How do i format without formatting the preloader?
i only have the option of 1)Auto format 2)Manual format then 3) format and download in the download tab/pane
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
01-06-2016, 10:18 AM
(01-06-2016, 06:16 AM)dwyrght i am not sure i had all the files , lest i format and a file is missing.#justbeing careful
i flashed all except the preloader because 1) the preloader wasn't generated from the readback 2) was being cautious

but i have even flashed the preloader i downloaded from this site but nothing has changed.

How do i format without formatting the preloader?
i only have the option of 1)Auto format 2)Manual format then 3) format and download in the download tab/pane

Leave it as it is just make sure without bootloader is ticked
mensa
mensa
mensa
01-06-2016, 10:26 AM

Yes, you need to format first before download. It doesn't matter if pre-loader is formatted but make sure bootloader is not formatted and more especially make sure you have all the files
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2016, 06:27 PM
as @MatyB said
auto format (all except bootloader)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2016, 06:39 PM
as @MatyB said
auto format (all except bootloader)
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
01-06-2016, 11:18 PM
(01-06-2016, 10:26 AM)mensa Yes, you need to format first before download. It doesn't matter if pre-loader is formatted but make sure bootloader is not formatted and more especially make sure you have all the files

How do i identify the bootloader? is it the uboot or bootimg or what file specifically?
This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 11:20 PM by dwyrght.
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
01-06-2016, 11:21 PM
(01-06-2016, 10:26 AM)mensa Yes, you need to format first before download. It doesn't matter if pre-loader is formatted but make sure bootloader is not formatted and more especially make sure you have all the files

How do i avoid formatting the bootloadewr? how do i identify the bootloader?
mensa
mensa
mensa
02-06-2016, 12:09 AM

When you click on the format tab which is right beside the download tab at the too of sp flash tool. Make sure you alter not anything there and make the default settings be as it is; "auto format flash"on the first dialogue and "format whole flash except bootloader" on the second part.
Formatting bootloader renders the device useless cos bootloader works more like a loading & distributing station for the other patlrtitions of the phone memory meaning it initiates everything about booting which is succeeded by kennel when booted. Without it, the phone won't be detected by sp flash tool so flashing is impossible without it.
You can boot into bootloader using root apps like rashr but then; that is when you have already booted into system.you can as well use adb and fastboot: fastboot to boot into bootloader from a pc
This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 10:34 AM by mensa.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next