Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Error when extracting Tecno P5S firmware

Hello Hovateck,

i just downloaded TECNO P5S rom from your website, but when extracting with WINRAR i get this error: Checksum error in system.img. The file is corrupt.

And when extracting usin 7zip I get this error: CRC Failed: system.img

Which all sounds the same, THE FILE IS CORRUPT.

so can you please download it and see for yourself the error and if possible upload a new one?

Kind regards:

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 10:34 AM by mensa. )
Somehow but you shouldn't wait for them to upload when you could try from other source to get your phone back to life just download the rom from another source
(06-01-2016, 10:33 AM)mensa Wrote: Somehow but you shouldn't wait for them to upload when you could try from other source to get your phone back to life just download the rom from another source

Sure, you are right. But most sites seem to copy and paste the links. i tried a few reliable sources but same problem, which means they copied it.

Otherwise thanks for your opinion.
(06-01-2016, 10:37 AM)madcom5 Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 10:33 AM)mensa Wrote: Somehow but you shouldn't wait for them to upload when you could try from other source to get your phone back to life  just download the rom from another source

Sure, you are right. But most sites seem to copy and paste the links. i tried a few reliable sources but same problem, which means they copied it.

You can as well use MTK droid tool to make a rom backup of your phone since it will only backup the system and not user data
(06-01-2016, 10:58 AM)mensa Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 10:33 AM)mensa Wrote: Somehow but you shouldn't wait for them to upload when you could try from other source to get your phone back to life  just download the rom from another source

You can as well use MTK droid tool to make a rom backup of your phone since it will only backup the system and not user data

OK, Let me try that and post feedback...
Use v2.4.3 cos I have witness the current versions given error on crating file.md5
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 11:34 AM by mensa. )
(06-01-2016, 11:23 AM)madcom5 Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 10:58 AM)mensa Wrote:

OK, Let me try that and post feedback...
Use v2.4.3 cos I have witness the current versions given error on creating file.md5
(06-01-2016, 10:03 AM)madcom5 Wrote: Hello Hovateck,

i just downloaded TECNO P5S rom from your website, but when extracting with WINRAR i get this error: Checksum error in system.img. The file is corrupt.

so can you please download it and see for yourself the error and if possible upload a new one?

Kind regards:

Madcom a new firmware is being worked on as we speak and woukd be uploaded soonest please bear with us

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 03:29 PM by hovatek. )
(06-01-2016, 10:03 AM)madcom5 Wrote: Hello Hovateck,

Kind regards:

we've gotten a new firmware and will upload it asap
lookout for P5S variant 2 at the https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)