Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to bypass Privacy Protection Password on MTK
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to bypass Privacy Protection Password on MTK

[Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to bypass Privacy Protection Password on MTK

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-06-2016, 12:41 AM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to fix / bypass please enter the privacy protection password to unlock on a Mediatek (MTK) Android device using Miracle Box.  With this Miracle Box method, you wont need to flash the phone's firmware to fix this issue.

What causes Privacy Protection Password lock?

Most people (I've encountered) who run into this error never set any password in the first place so where did it come from? This error (if you'd not set such) is triggered when the SIM card is taken out of the phone or in fact loses contact with the SIM tray (due to a sudden fall) for even seconds. Entering passwords is a waste of time so your best bet is to bypass this error

Requirements

How to remove / bypass please enter the Privacy Protection Password using Miracle Box

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/x4IKRukhsQQ

1. Extract the content of the Miracle Box to your desktop. Open the folder and run "Miracle_Loader_2.27A"

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-7.jpg]

2. Wait till the Miracle Box program is launched

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-1.jpg]

3. Click on the MTK tab

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-2.jpg]

4. Click on the Unlock / Fix tab

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-3.jpg]

5. Tick Clear Anti-theft

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-4.jpg]

6. Click the dropdown box and select your chipset type MT****

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-5.jpg]

7. Click the Start Button

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-6.jpg]

8. Connect the phone to the PC (must be switched off still with battery inside)
  9. Press the power button once (this is to ensure that your device is detected immediately). DO NOT hold down the power button else the phone will boot up normally
  10. Wait for the message ">>Done. (Need to wait a few minutes the phone is switched)"

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-bypass-privacy-protection...-Box-8.jpg]

11. Disconnect and power on the phone

Important Notice
  • Miracle Box ideally requires a hardware box / dongle in order to work so merely installing the setup will get you nowhere unless you're using a loader version
  • The loader version might spook your antivirus. While its safe to run, you are entirely responsible for white-listing it or temporarily disabling your antivirus just to get the loader to work
  • If this method fails to work for whatever reason then you can always use the SP Flash tool format method
  • If you get the inactive start button error when using Miracle, then see the Miracle Box inactive start button fix
  • If you can, backup your phone's firmware just in case something goes wrong somewhere along the line
  • This procedure is similar to bypassing factory reset protection or pattern / pin lock, only difference is the option selected

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to bypass the please enter privacy protection password on a Mediatek Android phone using Miracle Box. In my previous guide, I explained how to fix this same error using SP Flash tool. but you see, this particular method has a number of advantages in that it doesn't require you to have to get the firmware for that particular phone model, you don't get to lose any data, its faster and easier so this is the recommended method which we would ask anybody having this same issue to try first before considering the SP Flash tool method.

For this particular method, you're going to need your VCOM drivers and then you're going to need the Miracle Box of course. Now, on a side note, you might be wondering why you're asked to supply a password which you did not set. Well, its a security intention gone wrong. Its just a bug with the security intention of the privacy protection password. Its not your fault. It happens when you take out your SIM card or when your SIM gets disconnected from your phone's (SIM) slot, you could encounter this error so its not your fault, nothing you did.

Back to the tutorial. Install our Mediatek VCOM drivers I have my drivers here and going to show you how to manually install the drivers. Launch device manager search for device manager and launch it. Under device manager, you select any item then go to Action Add legacy hardware - Next - Install the hardware that I manually select from... - Next - Next - Have Disk - Browse At this point, you navigate to the location of your VCOM drivers. Its important you install drivers for your OS version and architecture.

Mine is a 64-bit PC. Check which yours is by coming under My Computer - Properties. Open the VCOM drivers folder. I can't find Windows 10 here so if you're using Windows 7, 8 or 10, just open this Win7 folder. (x86) is for 32-bit and (x64) for 64-bit. Mine is 64-bit I select that driver and click Open. Now, its very important you disable your signature verification if you're using a Windows 8 or 10 PC. We already created a guide on how to disable signature verification This is important when you're installing unsigned drivers.

This driver is an unsigned driver so you might not be able to install it unless you disable that setting. Check Hovatek for the guide. After selecting my drivers, I'm going to click on OK. You can see I have this warning. Its not digitally signed. I select my Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port and click on Next Next. I wait while my driver gets installed. OK, the following hardware was installed but of course you can see the code 10 error. Click on Finish. When you come back, you're going to see your drivers but with the yellow warning sign.

You're getting this because you've installed an unsigned driver It doesn't mean its not going to work. I've installed the driver, next thing is to launch Miracle Box. You'll want to disable your antivirus or set it to allow Miracle Box to run because its going to see this tool as a virus. I double-click miracle loader and wait [Miracle box starting] Alright! Miracle Box is up. Click MTK (tab), click Unlock / fix (tab), select Clear anti-theft. Now, under this part, you're going to select your kind of chipset.

Mine is MT6580 so I select MT65xx. No more configuration Click on Start. Switch off the phone but leave the battery inside. Make sure the battery is charged then I connect it to the phone via USB cord. You can see what I have here is None theft code. that's because this particular phone I'm using doesn't have the anti-theft feature (already cleared it). but if you have that Privacy Protection Password issue, its going to popup and tell you it has been removed. Thats how to bypass the Privacy Protection Password on your Mediatek Android
This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 11:24 AM by hovatek.
Tejrooney
Tejrooney
Tejrooney
11-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Shey d miracle box dey use dongle or box? what driver is involved.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-06-2016, 01:39 AM
(11-06-2016, 07:15 PM)Tejrooney Shey d miracle box dey use dongle or box? what driver is involved.

the miracle box posted in the guide doesnt require a dongle

as stated in the guide vcom preloader driver should be installed
This post was last modified: 05-08-2016, 09:28 PM by SamH.
mufazzal123
mufazzal123
mufazzal123
18-06-2016, 10:05 AM
You are an Angel.
My mobile was stuck at this screen from past 2 weeks. I had left all hope of getting it working myself. Had even flashed the mobile couple of times, still couldn't get rid of the password protection.
Your method worked like a charm. My mobile is working absolutely fine now, thanks to you.

Again Thanks a lot for posting and sharing. God Bless you.
samkas
samkas
samkas
26-06-2016, 09:39 PM

Pls am using window xp i cnt gt add new hardware wqt can i do.
mensa
mensa
mensa
27-06-2016, 12:11 AM
(26-06-2016, 09:39 PM)samkas Pls am using window xp i cnt gt add new hardware wqt can i do.

Navigate to device manager or control panel, you will see it.

Sent from my Infinix NOTE 2 using Hovatek mobile
doyinosin
doyinosin
doyinosin
18-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Hello,

I have followed all instructions for the installation of VCOM drivers and yet, Miracle Box won't detect the phone. Whenever I plug inm the phone, I get a windows message saying the USB device was not recognized. The phone is an Infinix Hot Note.

What else can I do?
This post was last modified: 18-09-2016, 10:07 PM by doyinosin.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
19-09-2016, 10:45 AM
(18-09-2016, 10:06 PM)doyinosin Hello,

I have followed all instructions for the installation of VCOM drivers and yet, Miracle Box won't detect the phone. Whenever I plug inm the phone, I get a windows message saying the USB device was not recognized. The phone is an Infinix Hot Note.

What else can I do?
Try a different usb also goto device manager and connect it show refresh then show what your phone is detected as
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2016, 02:51 PM
(18-09-2016, 10:06 PM)doyinosin Hello,

What else can I do?

Take out and reinsert the battery.
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7338.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
evayung
evayung
evayung
24-09-2016, 09:02 PM

You are an Angel.
My mobile was stuck at this screen from past 2 weeks. I had left all hope of getting it working myself. Had even flashed the mobile couple of times, still couldn't get rid of the password protection.
Your method worked like a charm. My mobile is working absolutely fine now, thanks to you.

Again Thanks a lot for posting and sharing. God Bless you.

please how did u carry it out?
evayungmatt@gmail.com
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next