Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED

[Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 58 Next
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
03-06-2016, 08:00 AM

Last night as I plugged in my battery to my phone and switched it on I recieved the error message saying "SD card is damaged. Try reformatting", I did that but I still recieved the message.

Right now the situation has deteriorated further, most of my apps stop working, especially Google apps, some don't open at all. Most times I don't receive network reception.
I tried booting into safe mode but it won't boot at all, it gets stuck at the Tecno screen but it boots normally.
I also noticed that if I slot in my external SD card,my apps are too unstable, they stop working, but without the external sdcard it's fairly stable. I'm actually using it to type this message now.

Please help me dunno what to do, I'm confused and dunno where to begin.
Every help will be appreciated
mensa
mensa
mensa
03-06-2016, 09:36 AM
You try flashing but format before flash.format the sdcard with ext4 filesystem
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
03-06-2016, 10:48 AM
(03-06-2016, 08:00 AM)Kingsident Last night as I plugged in my battery to my phone and switched it on I recieved the error message saying "SD card is damaged. Try reformatting", I did that but I still recieved the message.

Right now the situation has deteriorated further, most of my apps stop working, especially Google apps, some don't open at all. Most times I don't receive network reception.
I tried booting into safe mode but it won't boot at all, it gets stuck at the Tecno screen but it boots normally.
I also noticed that if I slot in my external SD card,my apps are too unstable, they stop working, but without the external sdcard it's fairly stable. I'm actually using it to type this message now.

Take out the memory card it has probably corrupted your internal memory already.. Take out memery catd and format it as mensa said
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
03-06-2016, 03:07 PM
(03-06-2016, 09:36 AM)mensa You try flashing but format before flash.format the sdcard with ext4 filesystem

I should format the phone first, then flash?
Then format the memory card using ext4 filesystem?
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
03-06-2016, 03:14 PM

(03-06-2016, 10:48 AM)matybazz
(03-06-2016, 08:00 AM)Kingsident Last night as I plugged in my battery to my phone and switched it on I recieved the error message saying "SD card is damaged. Try reformatting", I did that but I still recieved the message.

Take out the memory card it has probably corrupted your internal memory already..  Take out memery catd and format it as mensa said

the problem persists after slotting out the memory card. It's the internal storage that shows that error, even now without the memory card I still get the error message that's how I know that my internal SD card is damaged. Moreover, when I check in file manager I don't see phone storage
This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 06:08 PM by Kingsident. Edit Reason: completing an incomplete description
mensa
mensa
mensa
03-06-2016, 06:20 PM
(03-06-2016, 03:07 PM)Kingsident
(03-06-2016, 09:36 AM)mensa You try flashing but format before flash.format the sdcard with ext4 filesystem

Then format the memory card using ext4 filesystem
Get a ROM designed for your phone. Then try flashing your phone but you should format the phone first before you flash.
NB: when you click on the format tab to format the phone, make sure you don't change anything; ie) setting there. Settings should be "Auto format flash" and " format whole flash except bootloader".leave it as it is and click on start. You must press and hold down the volume up key while connecting your phone for easy detection by sp flash tool. When flashing is complete, disconnect the phone and go back to download tab, click on the download and connect your phone following the same pattern.
mensa
mensa
mensa
03-06-2016, 06:23 PM
When phone boots, you can format memory card from the phone by going to setting>storage>sdcard
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-06-2016, 08:57 PM
(03-06-2016, 03:14 PM)Kingsident the problem persists after slotting out the memory card. It's the internal storage that shows that error, even now without the memory card I still get the error message that's how I know that my internal SD card is damaged. Moreover, when I check in file manager I don't see phone storage

navigate to Settings > Backup & reset then select factory data reset.
ensure to backup important stuff first

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
05-06-2016, 06:16 AM
(03-06-2016, 06:20 PM)mensa
(03-06-2016, 03:07 PM)Kingsident

Then format the memory card using ext4 filesystem
Get a ROM designed for your phone. Then try flashing your phone but you should format the phone first before you flash.
NB: when you click on the format tab to format the phone, make sure you don't change anything; ie) setting there. Settings should be "Auto format flash" and " format whole flash except bootloader".leave it as it is and click on start. You must press and hold down the volume up key while connecting your phone for easy detection by sp flash tool. When flashing is complete, disconnect the phone and go back to download tab, click on the download and connect your phone following the same pattern.

I did as advised , i formatted before flash but while flashing it skips over to around 75% , continues like that till 100 % then the green tick comes up. When I disconnect the battery wait for sometime before slotting it back then on it, nothing happens, the phone doesn't respond, I try booting into recovery mode but nothing just unresponsive like I'm not doing anything.

Was there something I did wrong,please help me
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
05-06-2016, 06:22 AM

(04-06-2016, 08:57 PM)hovatek
(03-06-2016, 03:14 PM)Kingsident the problem persists after slotting out the memory card. It's the internal storage that shows that error, even now without the memory card I still get the error message that's how I know that my internal SD card is damaged. Moreover, when I check in file manager I don't see phone storage

navigate to Settings > Backup & reset then select factory data reset.
ensure to backup important stuff first

but I had cwm recovery installed so instead in recovery mode I did clear data and factory reset, after it was completed the phone was stuck at the tecno screen.
And I did this before formatting and flashing the phone, now the phone doest come on at all,no signs of life whatsoever
Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 58 Next