Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED

[Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED

Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
07-06-2016, 07:29 AM

(05-06-2016, 05:56 PM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 05:01 PM)Kingsident
(05-06-2016, 02:15 PM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 01:15 PM)Kingsident
(05-06-2016, 09:56 AM)mensa It could be from the ROM. It couldn't have skipped to 75% just like that. It should be gradual; partition after partition. Have you compare sizes: that of the files in your ROM to the original? You can as well try downloading the same ROM but from a different source. You can also flash Uboot and preloader alone to see.

It could as well be the battery so check to see if the battery is not totally dead

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Hovatek mobile

I'll try to get another ROM, it's not the first time I'm flashing with the ROM from here,  it always works.
My two batteries are charged, whenever I press power button to switch on the phone, the phone gets warm.
When you downloaded that ROM, have you been able to flash before; If yes, did it ever skip to 75% and then continue steadily to 100%? 

When you try to power on the phone, does it vibrate?

Nope it has never skipped like this before , and no the phone didn't vibrate, just a little warm

Then download the ROM again and try to reflash. Maybe from a different source or here.

I haven't downloaded a new firmware yet, I will do that tonight. I decided to try something out though, I flashed all other files except Android, they were flashed successfully their total size flashed was equal to their combined sizes in the ’files to flash tool' folder , a total of 37mb. Then i flashed Android alone which of course is system.img it was a success but only 163mb out of 2.00gb were flashed, does this say anything to you?
mensa
mensa
mensa
07-06-2016, 09:47 AM
(07-06-2016, 07:29 AM)Kingsident
(05-06-2016, 02:15 PM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 01:15 PM)Kingsident I'll try to get another ROM, it's not the first time I'm flashing with the ROM from here,  it always works.
My two batteries are charged, whenever I press power button to switch on the phone, the phone gets warm.
When you downloaded that ROM, have you been able to flash before; If yes, did it ever skip to 75% and then continue steadily to 100%? 

Nope it has never skipped like this before , and no the phone didn't vibrate, just a little warm

Then download the ROM again and try to reflash. Maybe from a different source or here.

I haven't downloaded a new firmware yet, I will do that tonight. I decided to try something out though, I flashed all other files except Android, they were flashed successfully their total size flashed was equal to their combined sizes in the ’files to flash tool' folder , a total of 37mb. Then i flashed Android alone which of course is system.img it was a success but only 163mb out of 2.00gb were flashed, does this say anything to you?

Yes, conspicuously some files are missing in the system.img. Maybe their size has shrink due to the damage. 163 out of 2000MB files flashed; meaning over 1837MB did not flash. This is quite preposterous cos if the files were damaged as you said from the inception of our talk, it wouldn't be able to unzip but then, come to think of it, these are blocks. What I intend saying is, the files extracted from the rom directly were in blocks so I strongly believe files corrupted in the individual blocks will not affect extraction since files in the system.img block are not individually extracted for you to count individually.
I don't know if you fathom that.

Why not try to extract or unzip the system.img block to see what exactly is causing that. You can use 7zip to extract. If it does not complete, then it is damaged but if completes, you crosscheck the sizes of each folder.

Sent from my infinix x600 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 10:20 AM by mensa.
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
07-06-2016, 09:12 PM
(07-06-2016, 09:47 AM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 02:15 PM)mensa When you downloaded that ROM, have you been able to flash before; If yes, did it ever skip to 75% and then continue steadily to 100%? 

Yes, conspicuously some files are missing in the system.img. Maybe their size has shrink due to the damage. 163 out of 2000MB files flashed; meaning over 1837MB did not flash. This is quite preposterous cos if the files were damaged as you said from the inception of our talk, it wouldn't be able to unzip but then, come to think of it, these are blocks. What I intend saying is, the files extracted from the rom directly were in blocks so I strongly believe files corrupted in the individual blocks will not affect extraction since files in the system.img block are not individually extracted for you to count individually.

Why not try to extract or unzip the system.img block to see what exactly is causing that. You can use 7zip to extract. If it does not complete, then it is damaged but if completes, you crosscheck the sizes of each folder.

i will do that, i also intend to download a fresh firmware tonight .
mensa
mensa
mensa
08-06-2016, 01:36 PM
(07-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Kingsident
(05-06-2016, 05:01 PM)Kingsident Nope it has never skipped like this before , and no the phone didn't vibrate, just a little warm

[quote pid='78184' dateline='1465330328']
Yea, you should try that as well. Download a new ROM and try the flashing. 
[/quote]
mensa
mensa
mensa
08-06-2016, 01:38 PM

(05-06-2016, 05:01 PM)Kingsident Nope it has never skipped like this before , and no the phone didn't vibrate, just a little warm

Yea try a new ROM download and flash again.
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
08-06-2016, 11:36 PM
(08-06-2016, 01:38 PM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 05:56 PM)mensa Then download the ROM again and try to reflash. Maybe from a different source or here.

I flashed a fresh rom, it started rrom the beginning as normal the size flashed was increasing accordingly till 2.03gb was flashed, but as soon as it hit 100% the size flashed went down to 163mb and it was a success. The green tick came up then i tried to power it on but nothing, just the same dead phone but it gets warm after sometime. This flashing was done after formatting.

I got another rom from androidvillaz, it was very small in size about 92mb, the extracted system.img was 140 something mb, i flashed the rom and all of it was flashed, a total of 170 something mb. Tried powering it up but the same story; dead yet warm

Any remedy for this? This all started because i recieved an 'SD card is damaged' notification from internal sdcard
mensa
mensa
mensa
09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
(08-06-2016, 11:36 PM)Kingsident
(07-06-2016, 07:29 AM)Kingsident I haven't downloaded a new firmware yet, I will do that tonight. I decided to try something out though, I flashed all other files except Android, they were flashed successfully their total size flashed was equal to their combined sizes in the ’files to flash tool' folder , a total of 37mb. Then i flashed Android alone which of course is system.img it was a success but only 163mb out of 2.00gb were flashed, does this say anything to you?

I flashed a fresh rom, it started rrom the beginning as normal the size flashed was increasing accordingly till 2.03gb was flashed, but as soon as it hit 100% the size flashed went down to 163mb and it was a success. The green tick came up then i tried to power it on but nothing, just the same dead phone but it gets warm after sometime. This flashing was done after formatting.

I got another rom from androidvillaz, it was very small in size about 92mb, the extracted system.img was 140 something mb, i flashed the rom and all of it was flashed, a total of 170 something mb. Tried powering it up but the same story; dead yet warm

Any remedy for this? This all started because i recieved an 'SD card is damaged' notification from internal sdcard

Dont flash the whole ROM. Flash only preloader, boot, uboot and recovery partitions; Then use adb to boot into recovery. But format before flash. Format whole except bootloader.
This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 07:48 PM by mensa.
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
10-06-2016, 12:13 AM
(09-06-2016, 07:44 PM)mensa
(07-06-2016, 09:47 AM)mensa Yes, conspicuously some files are missing in the system.img. Maybe their size has shrink due to the damage. 163 out of 2000MB files flashed; meaning over 1837MB did not flash. This is quite preposterous cos if the files were damaged as you said from the inception of our talk, it wouldn't be able to unzip but then, come to think of it, these are blocks. What I intend saying is, the files extracted from the rom directly were in blocks so I strongly believe files corrupted in the individual blocks will not affect extraction since files in the system.img block are not individually extracted for you to count individually.

Dont flash the whole ROM. Flash only preloader, boot, uboot and recovery partitions; Then use adb to boot into recovery. But format before flash. Format whole except bootloader.
Can you please give me step by step instructions on how to boot into recovery with adb along with how to install it's drivers? I will greatly appreciate it. When I boot into recovery, what do I do next?
mensa
mensa
mensa
10-06-2016, 01:07 PM
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
This post was last modified: 10-06-2016, 01:18 PM by mensa.
mensa
mensa
mensa
10-06-2016, 01:24 PM

(10-06-2016, 12:13 AM)Kingsident
(09-06-2016, 07:44 PM)mensa
(07-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Kingsident i will do that, i also intend to download a fresh firmware tonight .

Can you please give me step by step instructions on how to boot into recovery with adb along with how to install it's drivers? I will greatly appreciate it. When I boot into recovery, what do I do next?
You can get the step by step info here; 
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next