Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] Introducing flashfire.. Update phone via ota without having to unroot also keep root
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] Introducing flashfire.. Update phone via ota without having to unroot also keep root

[Tutorial] Introducing flashfire.. Update phone via ota without having to unroot also keep root

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Poll: Did this work for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
0%
Votes 0
No
0%
Votes 0

Total 0 vote(s) 0%
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
03-06-2016, 12:38 PM

[Image: flashfire.jpg]

Have you suffered from bricking after you updated your phone via ota update because your phone had root access?
Have you had issues rooting your phone after updating because the rooting method you used didnt work for the new version?
Have you lost custom recovery because you want to uodate?.

Then this app is for you.... Flashfire apk from the stables of chainfire

Am sounding like its a movie advert now..

how to flash ota update

1. When you get a notification for an OTA update first thing to do is download but dont install. If you tell the update to go ahead and install, it’ll seemingly fail since you’re running a rooted device,  but might backfire.
Remember download the update but dont install..  Thats where flashfire comes in

[Image: attachment.php2_.jpg]

2. After you have downloaded now open flashfire it ought to automatically pick the downloaded ota file and it will ask to get the actions to flash it tap ok.

3. This will generate a screen, however, it’s primarily simply a breakdown of what FlashFire intends to try to do with the OTA file, every choice is customizable—for example, if you don’t need to wipe the cache partition, merely de-select that choice. you’ll be able to also add numerous actions, however, I wouldn’t essentially advice doing that at once.

4. If you have a custom recovery like twrp flashfire can help you back it up and restore back once process is done

5. Once your done with your modificatikn hit flash..  A warning would pop up thay it will take a moderate amount of time or much depending on the ota file amd the process you ask it to do and serious of black screen then once more hit ok

6. Leave the device alone all its processes after it is done your device will reboot and that's all.

Do not interrupted process for any reason make sure battery is well enough or its plugged to a wall socket

I did everything but mine failed
If for any reason one of your system partition has been modified that made flashfire not to install ota for example if xposed framework is installed then it can actually be the cause.
But if theres no notification that the update didnt install then you can go to settings>about and check your build number if it changed if not then you should see a notification that the ota uodate still need tk be downloaded in this case you can head off to you phones official site to download ota update file or update.zip or dot tgz depending on yours. Once you have downloaded it and it is placed in the root folder of your sdcard

1. Open flashfire
2. Tap the floating action button

[Image: attachment.php1_.jpg]

3. Choose flash firmware package and a file manager will open now navigate to the official image file (uodate file) you dowmloaded and select it

4. Flashfire will scan the file and show any modification you will like to make like if you have root or twrp installed
i.e You’re liberated to choose what you wish here if you have got a custom recovery and wish to stay it that means, merely de-select the “recovery” choice, as an example.

5. Once you’ve confirmed all the steps, hit the Flash button. You’ll see a similar warning regarding FlashFire taking a while to load with a handful of black screens might seem. simply hit OK. FlashFire can restart and do its thing. Since it’s flashing a full image file and not simply an easy update, it may take a much time for it to end. Once it will, however, it’ll restart and you’ll be good to go.

FlashFire is an extremely powerful application, it should be used with caution. Data loss, soft-bricks, and even hard-bricks are possible if used incorrectly. Please see the menu on the left for topics to read up on!

Requirements
Android 4.2+ or newer
Please note that testing is done primarily on 6.0+ devices

Root access
Full root access is required, using either a recent version of SuperSU, or CM's su with SELinux set to Permissive

1 GB RAM
A lot of RAM is used by FlashFire. Operations may fail completely on low memory devices

Unlocked bootloader
While an unlocked bootloader is not strictly necessary for many of FlashFire's functionalities, we strongly recommend all root users to run unlocked if possible. With locked bootloaders, there is a much higher chance of a device being unrecoverable if something goes wrong. This is not just true for FlashFire, but for many root apps. The specifics are device dependent.

Compatibility
While FlashFire is primarily developed and tested on Google Nexus and Samsung flagship devices, basic testing has been done on many other brands and devices, and users are using it succesfully on many more.

FlashFire's website/manual can be found at http://flashfire.chainfire.eu/. For more clarity
But am sure i helped with details

Please if you tried it and it worked for your device please comment just device name and model only then use the poll lets know how it have help

[b]Download from playstore here
This post was last modified: 20-09-2016, 10:55 PM by matybazz.
mykelshowz
mykelshowz
mykelshowz
03-06-2016, 11:47 PM
thanks man. . been waiting on som1 to post it here. . u geh mouth jare. . is it still going to work with my x551 lollipop cos i converted most apps to system apps oo??
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
04-06-2016, 12:12 PM
(03-06-2016, 11:47 PM)mykelshowz thanks man. . been waiting on som1 to post it here. .  u geh mouth jare. .  is it still going to work with my x551 lollipop cos i converted most apps to system apps oo??

Yea you can but would be better to change them back if you have the time but then theres no higher os version of x551 apart from lollipop
mykelshowz
mykelshowz
mykelshowz
04-06-2016, 12:42 PM
so it works only on marshmallow OS?
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
04-06-2016, 02:54 PM

(04-06-2016, 12:42 PM)mykelshowz so it works only on marshmallow OS?

Nah works on kitkat too
mykelshowz
mykelshowz
mykelshowz
04-06-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm running lollipop os xui rom
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
04-06-2016, 07:43 PM
(04-06-2016, 04:59 PM)mykelshowz I'm running lollipop os xui rom
check the requirement you should have superSu doesnt work with kinguser also do you have the app already?
Kontroller
Kontroller
Kontroller
07-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Bro thanks for the update
I hv been wanting to do this on my Infinix x510 1gb ram
The fone is rooted with twrp flashed into it....even xposed is installed....pls I want to if I can still do that cos my phone do bring update any time I on my data...will be glad to update with the flash fire,...
Pls should I uninstall xposed b4 doing the process?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
07-06-2016, 12:10 PM
(07-06-2016, 09:51 AM)Kontroller Bro thanks for the update
I hv been wanting to do this on my Infinix x510 1gb ram
The fone is rooted with twrp flashed into it....even xposed is installed....pls I want to if I can still do that cos my phone do bring update any time I on my data...will be glad to update with the flash fire,...
Pls should I uninstall xposed b4 doing the process?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It might fail especially if yiu have used it to tweak your phone alot you can download the uodate file and flash manually see the post above from
i did everything but mine failed
mboy13
mboy13
mboy13
08-06-2016, 03:02 PM

nice one bro
Pages (2): 1 2 Next