Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to back up Mediatek firmware using Miracle Box
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to back up Mediatek firmware using Miracle Box

[Tutorial] How to back up Mediatek firmware using Miracle Box

Pages (18): Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next
Harmfree
Harmfree
Harmfree
16-12-2016, 07:15 PM

Thanks i have done the backup.. now i need to know how to install the xposed framework tool and install custom rom in my wiko slide 2. please help out..

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-12-2016, 11:31 AM
(16-12-2016, 07:15 PM)Harmfree Thanks i have done the backup.. now i need to know how to install the xposed framework tool and install custom rom in my wiko slide 2. please help out..

Thanks

create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
smooth
smooth
smooth
Enthusiastic Member
07-01-2017, 05:01 PM
(04-06-2016, 09:57 AM)hovatek This guide will enable you easily backup an MTK phone's firmware without having to root it. Other methods you could consider are MTK Droid tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html (root required) and SP Flash tool Readback / ROM dump @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html (root not required)

Note

* If you get the inactive start button error when using Miracle, then see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14815.html

Requirements

* Download Miracle Box v2.27a + Loader @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15700.html
* PC
* USB cord
* Manually install Mediatek VCOM drivers (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html )

Procedure

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/_rIXJ4eSxgg

1. Extract the Miracle Box zip into a folder and launch Miracle loader exe

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-0.jpg]

2. Wait till Miracle Box opens to the Dashboard

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-1.jpg]

3. Click the MTK tab

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-2.jpg]

4. Tick Read

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-3.jpg]

5. Select the phone's chipset type from the dropdown

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-4.jpg]

5a. If you want the backup saved in an SP Flash tool friendly format (with a scatter file) then tick Save as scatter file.

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...Box-5a.jpg]

6. Click the Start button

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-5.jpg]

7. You should now see >> Waiting for USB Port at the bottom left corner. Connect the phone to the PC (must be switched off still with battery inside) then press the Power button just once (this is to ensure that your device is detected immediately). DO NOT hold down the power button else the phone will boot up normally

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-6.jpg]

8. If you did not tick Save as scatter file, a box should pop up. Navigate to the location you wish to save the firmware (in .bin format) then click Save

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-7.jpg]

8a. If you ticked Save as scatter file then a box should popup asking you to select which block / partition you would like to backup. Tick all if you want a full firmware backup / dump or tick only what you need to backup then click OK

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...Box-8a.jpg]

8b. Navigate to the location you wish to save the files to then click OK

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...Box-8b.jpg]

9. Wait while Miracle Box begins backing up the phone. If you did not tick Save as scatter file, it should look something like

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-9.jpg]

9a. If you ticked Save as scatter file, it should look something like

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...Box-9a.jpg]

10. Once backup has been completed, you should see a Done message

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...Box-10.jpg]

11. Disconnect then power on the phone

Note

For the scatter backup, you can rename the file extensions in order to use them in SP flash tool, e.g recovery.bin to recovery.img

Hi. I've downloaded the miracle box,installed the driver but yet when I connect my w3 lte to the system it just shows the charging thingy and miracle box doesn't detect the device. Pls help.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
07-01-2017, 05:46 PM
(13-07-2016, 01:39 PM)Isabab please I can't see scatter file .text after backup techno s3 with miracle .what can be done

Thanks for ur reply... U need to tick "save as scatter file"

If u did not tick before backuping, u will not see scatter file... so please do that...
vampirefo
vampirefo
vampirefo
22-01-2017, 02:41 AM

Thanks for the guide will be using it soon, once phone gets here.

I have to change date to get start button to work, I have tried the other two methods changing and delete Handle.ini, but doesn't work.

Anyway to make this permanent? Each time my date is set to correct date The start button stops working.

Sent from my NS-P08A7100 using Tapatalk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-01-2017, 10:11 AM
(22-01-2017, 02:41 AM)vampirefo Thanks for the guide will be using it soon, once phone gets here.

I have to change date to get start button to work, I have tried the other two methods changing and delete Handle.ini, but doesn't work.

Anyway to make this permanent? Each time my date is set to correct date The start button stops working.

Sent from my NS-P08A7100 using Tapatalk

Sorry, for now there's no valid means of permanently fixing the start button.
you'll just have to stick with backdating your PC's date
vampirefo
vampirefo
vampirefo
28-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Great tool, I was able to use these tool to recovery a phone that splash tool couldn't flash.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk
Jimslaw
Jimslaw
Jimslaw
Techie Member
11-02-2017, 12:42 AM
(13-07-2016, 01:39 PM)Isabab please I can't see scatter file .text after backup techno s3 with miracle .what can be done

its due to miracle box incomplete backup process you need to make sure the backup was successful I.e 100% to get all necessary files including the scatter text
fsmanchies
fsmanchies
fsmanchies
14-02-2017, 10:36 AM
This is so useful. thanks for sharing. For personal data backup, Android Manager is also a great tool to consider.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 02:40 PM by X3non.
kaebsong
kaebsong
kaebsong
Enthusiastic Member
10-05-2017, 10:07 AM

hi all,

Need help here. When i clicked Start button and connect my phone with usb ,it didnt seem to be able to connect. The notification was like this >>

Waiting for USB Port...

>>none usbport, maybe driver not installed

What should i do? I already activated USB debugging in my phone. I also already press the power button once but still cant connect. And for info i already installed MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port (image in attachment)

Can tell me where it went wrong please
Attached Files
.png
image (1).png
Size: 151.12 KB / Downloads: 32
Pages (18): Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next