Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Still Unresolved] Having trouble getting tools to work with MT6735 device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Still Unresolved] Having trouble getting tools to work with MT6735 device

[Still Unresolved] Having trouble getting tools to work with MT6735 device

Pages (14): Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Aerieana
Aerieana
Aerieana
Techie Member
20-06-2016, 10:38 AM

(20-06-2016, 10:20 AM)mensa
Aerieana

The usb2ser_Win764.inf file contains 5 drivers to select from. Do you mean to install only [u'
MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port[/u]?

I removed all other drivers and devices from that zip and rebooted, to start fresh again. Should I only install the same ones that you have?

Yea, install only mediatek Da vcom driver for the start and try using it with miracle box.

Installed only that one, and tried 5 times with Miracle Box, same error as always. What next?
mensa
mensa
mensa
20-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Installed only that one, and tried 5 times with Miracle Box, same error as always. What next?

About the xp folder, install every driver in it; then give me a screenshot of the device manager if possible.
This post was last modified: 20-06-2016, 11:09 AM by mensa.
Aerieana
Aerieana
Aerieana
Techie Member
20-06-2016, 11:15 AM
(20-06-2016, 11:07 AM)mensa About the xp folder, install every driver in it; then give me a screenshot of the device manager if possible.

Huh? why install drivers meant for XP? I have Win 7. did you do the same or something?
mensa
mensa
mensa
20-06-2016, 11:26 AM
(20-06-2016, 11:15 AM)Aerieana Huh? why install drivers meant for XP? I have Win 7. did you do the same or something?
Astonish. Yea; that's why I said from the inception that it might sound insane cos that is what I did. 

I installed drivers from the xp folder out of desperation, not realising is an xp driver.
Try it and let's see bro.
Aerieana
Aerieana
Aerieana
Techie Member
20-06-2016, 11:35 AM

(20-06-2016, 11:26 AM)mensa
(20-06-2016, 11:15 AM)Aerieana Huh? why install drivers meant for XP? I have Win 7. did you do the same or something?
Astonish. Yea; that's why I said from the inception that it might sound insane cos that is what I did. 

I installed drivers from the xp folder out of desperation, not realising is an xp driver.
Try it and let's see bro.

Which file did you use? there's two. usb2ser_2kXP.inf and usb2ser_XP64.inf

Also, is your Windows 64-bit like mine? or a 32-bit edition?
mensa
mensa
mensa
20-06-2016, 11:41 AM
(20-06-2016, 11:35 AM)Aerieana Which file did you use? there's two. usb2ser_2kXP.inf and usb2ser_XP64.inf

Also, is your Windows 64-bit like mine? or a 32-bit edition?
Mine is 32. I used 32 and since yours 64_ use 64.
Aerieana
Aerieana
Aerieana
Techie Member
20-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Ok, done that. Did several tries and took several screenshots. The things shown on device manager change as my phone connects and disconnects a few times, and then it shows something different after after my phone boots itself.

First it shows only the 5 newly installed things from the XP drivers, then MT67xx preloader appears, then CDC Serial and LGE Android Phone appear instead, and finally after my phone starts booting it then shows LG K8 4G.

The 5 drivers (under Ports in device manager) were all that I installed, nothing else.
Attached Files
.png
device manager+miracle box0.png
Size: 286.06 KB / Downloads: 6
.png
device manager+miracle box1.png
Size: 310.82 KB / Downloads: 3
.png
device manager+miracle box2.png
Size: 312.25 KB / Downloads: 5
.png
device manager+miracle box3.png
Size: 287.89 KB / Downloads: 4
mensa
mensa
mensa
20-06-2016, 12:52 PM
(20-06-2016, 12:06 PM)Aerieana Ok, done that. Did several tries and took several screenshots. The things shown on device manager change as my phone connects and disconnects a few times, and then it shows something different after after my phone boots itself.

First it shows only the 5 newly installed things from the XP drivers, then MT67xx preloader appears, then CDC Serial and LGE Android Phone appear instead, and finally after my phone starts booting it then shows LG K8 4G.

The 5 drivers (under Ports in device manager) were all that I installed, nothing else.
I wonder why)))))))). I believe this is going to be the last try. By the way; I don't know if you have USB debug enabled, if not enabled; then enable it and proceed. Uninstall every driver and let it be like before.

Then in driver USB vcom driver folder, install gadget serial and mediatek USB port alone. Then in USB vcom driver folder, install mediatek DA USB vcom, mtk USB debug port and mtk USB port for the xp folder; selecting your windows version for the xp; then in win 7 folder in the USB vcom port, install mediatek DA USB vcom, mtk usb debug port and mtk USB port. Again, in USB driver folder, install only android adb interface 

After these all, reboot the machine and try again. 
Note: make sure to check if your USB debugging in system>developer is enabled.
This post was last modified: 20-06-2016, 12:54 PM by mensa.
Aerieana
Aerieana
Aerieana
Techie Member
20-06-2016, 03:23 PM
(20-06-2016, 12:52 PM)mensa
(20-06-2016, 12:06 PM)Aerieana Ok, done that. Did several tries and took several screenshots. The things shown on device manager change as my phone connects and disconnects a few times, and then it shows something different after after my phone boots itself.

I wonder why)))))))). I believe this is going to be the last try. By the way; I don't know if you have USB debug enabled, if not enabled; then enable it and proceed. Uninstall every driver and let it be like before.

Then in driver USB vcom driver folder, install gadget serial and mediatek USB port alone. Then in USB vcom driver folder, install mediatek DA USB vcom, mtk USB debug port and mtk USB port for the xp folder; selecting your windows version for the xp; then in win 7 folder in the USB vcom port, install mediatek DA USB vcom, mtk usb debug port and mtk USB port. Again, in USB driver folder, install only android adb interface 

My phone has had usb debugging enabled the whole time, so it's not that.

I've just done as you suggested, still didn't work. I really believe that these tools just don't fully support my phone, surely after over a week of trying and 11 pages of suggestions here, something should have worked, but nothing did.

Thank you for trying, I'm going to attempt things a different way next, without any of these outdated tools.
Attached Files
.png
failed again.png
Size: 341.3 KB / Downloads: 1
mensa
mensa
mensa
20-06-2016, 05:03 PM

(20-06-2016, 03:23 PM)Aerieana
(20-06-2016, 12:52 PM)mensa

My phone has had usb debugging enabled the whole time, so it's not that.

I've just done as you suggested, still didn't work. I really believe that these tools just don't fully support my phone, surely after over a week of trying and 11 pages of suggestions here, something  should have worked, but nothing did.

Thank you for trying, I'm going to attempt things a different way next, without any of these outdated tools.
I believe you are not going to give up; right????? Okay, install pdanet now and try again bro.
This post was last modified: 20-06-2016, 05:03 PM by mensa.
Pages (14): Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next