Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Gionee P5 Mini Stuck on "Android system recovery <3e>" and rebooting Automatically
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Gionee P5 Mini Stuck on "Android system recovery <3e>" and rebooting Automatically

[Please help] Gionee P5 Mini Stuck on "Android system recovery <3e>" and rebooting Automatically

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Oridroo
Oridroo
Oridroo
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2016, 12:30 PM

Dear Concern,
During updating a software (Speaker Volume optimizer) in my 'Gionee P5 Mini', my phone got stuck at "Android system recovery <3e>" (please see the attached photo) and it's just restarting since then.

I tried to 'Factory Reset/ Cache Wipe' by power button but nothing happens. After sometime it comes back to the previous stage.

So I tried to follow the 'SP Flash' tool method described here as I don't have access to any other working same model's phone.

I downloaded the Driver, Firmware and SP Flash Tool v5.1516 in a package (ZIP) file and followed the steps described in the video of Hovatek in youtube.

But the problem is the ZIP file is Corrupted! There are files missing in the 'Firmware'. In fact I am not finding the 'Android' after 'Scatter Loading' (Please see the attached photo).

I tried to search for a working Stock ROM but unable to find a new one other than the one I have downloaded (it's a 1.5 GB ZIP file uploaded at Google Drive)

So please suggest me what can I do now. Your Kind Help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Oridroo
This post was last modified: 18-06-2016, 12:40 PM by Oridroo.
Attached Files
.jpg
Gionee P5 Mini.jpg
Size: 536.58 KB / Downloads: 24
.png
SP Flash.PNG
Size: 119.72 KB / Downloads: 15
banpreet_b_singh
banpreet_b_singh
banpreet_b_singh
Techie Member
18-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Try finding the stock rom from a different location.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Hovatek mobile
Oridroo
Oridroo
Oridroo
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2016, 03:09 PM
(18-06-2016, 02:44 PM)banpreet_b_singh Try finding the stock rom from a different location.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Hovatek mobile

Tried a lot but not finding the Stock ROM for Gionee P5 Mini.
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2016, 06:14 PM
You bricked your device. Flashing a stock rom can only help you in this situation or clear dalvik cache by twrp or cwm recovery.
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2016, 06:18 PM

I am also using P5 mini. This is newly launched device that's why there is no custom recovery available Online.
Oridroo
Oridroo
Oridroo
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2016, 07:21 PM
(18-06-2016, 06:18 PM)sagarkvsl I am also using P5 mini. This is newly launched device that's why there is no custom recovery available Online.

Can you please provide the 'Clockworkmod Backup' of your phone?
It'll be a great help as there is no official customer care available in my region. Also, Gionee is a less familiar brand here.
mensa
mensa
mensa
18-06-2016, 07:37 PM
(18-06-2016, 12:30 PM)Oridroo Dear Concern,
During updating a software (Speaker Volume optimizer) in my 'Gionee P5 Mini', my phone got stuck at "Android system recovery <3e>" (please see the attached photo) and it's just restarting since then.

I tried to 'Factory Reset/ Cache Wipe' by power button but nothing happens. After sometime it comes back to the previous stage.

So I tried to follow the 'SP Flash' tool method described here as I don't have access to any other working same model's phone.

I downloaded the Driver, Firmware and SP Flash Tool v5.1516 in a package (ZIP) file and followed the steps described in the video of Hovatek in youtube.

But the problem is the ZIP file is Corrupted! There are files missing in the 'Firmware'. In fact I am not finding the 'Android' after 'Scatter Loading' (Please see the attached photo).

I tried to search for a working Stock ROM but unable to find a new one other than the one I have downloaded (it's a 1.5 GB ZIP file uploaded at Google Drive)

So please suggest me what can I do now. Your Kind Help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Oridroo
Don't you see any file named recovery.img in the folder where you extracted the ROM. Navigate to it and check. I don't think the file is corrupt like your speculation; just looking at the screenshot, every file is present in exception of recovery.img which I believe is in the folder but not endorsed in the scatter. But then, you can still flash the available files if that is what is designed for your phone.
This post was last modified: 18-06-2016, 09:01 PM by mensa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2016, 08:30 PM
(18-06-2016, 12:30 PM)Oridroo Dear Concern,

Regards,
Oridroo

Its not possible for you to have what I see in the screenshot without having had a scatter file. You have enough files to unbrick your phone. The only missing file is recovery which you dont need at this point
If you're certain you have the right firmware for your phone then untick all except Android (system.img) and flash the system.img using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 18-06-2016, 08:33 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2016, 04:55 AM
(18-06-2016, 07:21 PM)Oridroo
(18-06-2016, 06:18 PM)sagarkvsl I am also using P5 mini. This is newly launched device that's why there is no custom recovery available Online.

It'll be a great help as there is no official customer care available in my region. Also, Gionee is a less familiar brand here.

I think you cant flash custom recovery without unlocking the bootloader. So first try flashing the stock recovery again. I just uploaded a stock recovery of my device with the help of flashify. Download here  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-9hCu...cslist_api
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
sagarkvsl
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2016, 05:07 AM

(18-06-2016, 07:21 PM)Oridroo

Oridroo my device is also on a stock recovery.  I rooted the device but because the bootloader is locked that's why i cant flash cwm on my device. I Only have stock kernal and stock recovery for this device.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next