Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android .Pac File flashing Problem
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

.Pac File flashing Problem

.Pac File flashing Problem

Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Enthusiastic Member
22-06-2016, 10:17 AM

Hi team,
I have a Touchmate TM-SM500 and I have been trying to flash its stock rom a .pac file which I found in needrom.com but the research download tool doesn't show "waiting..." when i load the file. I have installed all the drivers spreadtrum and google usb but still it doesn't show waiting.

I have done the suggested steps in this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-4870.html but that didn't work especially coz when I connect my phone it is recognized as "Android Composite ADB interface" in Device Manager hence one can't upgrade using SciU2S

What am I not doing right? or......What I wanted to ask is, is there a way in which I can create a scatter file from .pac file and try flashing it via sp flashtools?

See the below screenshots, one is when the phone is connected the other one is when the phone is disconnected

Your help will be highly appreciated
Attached Files
.png
Phone connected.PNG
Size: 57.63 KB / Downloads: 9
.png
Phone not connected.PNG
Size: 54.57 KB / Downloads: 5
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Enthusiastic Member
22-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Or better yet.. Can I be able to flash the .pac via Fastboot.. That is after extracting its contents (boot.img, system.img, recovery.img etc) from research download tool by getting the system path..

And what are the correct steps to use?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-06-2016, 05:24 PM
(22-06-2016, 10:52 AM)Bri2awesome Or better yet.. Can I be able to flash the .pac via Fastboot.. That is after extracting its contents (boot.img, system.img, recovery.img etc) from research download tool by getting the system path..

thats possible.
whats wrong with the phone and can it enter fastboot?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-06-2016, 05:25 PM
(22-06-2016, 10:17 AM)Bri2awesome Hi team,
I have a Touchmate TM-SM500 and I have been trying to flash its stock rom a .pac file which I found in needrom.com but the research download tool doesn't show "waiting..." when i load the file. I have installed all the drivers spreadtrum and google usb but still it doesn't show waiting.

I have done the suggested steps in this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-4870.html but that didn't work especially coz when I connect my phone it is recognized as "Android Composite ADB interface" in Device Manager hence one can't upgrade using SciU2S

What am I not doing right? or......What I wanted to ask is, is there a way in which I can create a scatter file from .pac file and try flashing it via sp flashtools?

See the below screenshots, one is when the phone is connected the other one is when the phone is disconnected

Your help will be highly appreciated

SP flash tool is for Mediatek phones.
in device manager, right-click "Android Composite ADB interface and uninstall it.
reconnect it and let me know what it gets detected as

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Enthusiastic Member
23-06-2016, 08:40 AM

(22-06-2016, 05:24 PM)hovatek
(22-06-2016, 10:52 AM)Bri2awesome Or better yet.. Can I be able to flash the .pac via Fastboot.. That is after extracting its contents (boot.img, system.img, recovery.img etc) from research download tool by getting the system path..

thats possible.
whats wrong with the phone and can it enter fastboot?

Yes, the phone can enter Fastboot mode. Actually, there is nothing seriously wrong with the phone. What I wanted to do was to get the stock recovery then use Easy Magic tool for TWRP or PhilZ to unpack and repack.. So that I can have one of those as a recovery... For now I have CMW Recovery old version 5.5.0.4 of which it fails to Flash most custom ROMs. Hence, i wanted to flash the Stock ROM so as to get the stock recovery of the phone then be able to flash TWRP for mtk devices.. but I cannot do that coz the .PAC file won't get to "Waiting Mode.."

And after uninstalling "Android Composite ADB interface" as instructed and connected the phone. Nothing shows up in Device Manager.

My main deal is to find a way in which I can get TWRP or PhilZ Recovery for MTK Devices installed... I have mtk6582
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-06-2016, 02:45 PM
(23-06-2016, 08:40 AM)Bri2awesome Yes, the phone can enter Fastboot mode. Actually, there is nothing seriously wrong with the phone. What I wanted to do was to get the stock recovery then use Easy Magic tool for TWRP or PhilZ to unpack and repack.. So that I can have one of those as a recovery... For now I have CMW Recovery old version 5.5.0.4 of which it fails to Flash most custom ROMs. Hence, i wanted to flash the Stock ROM so as to get the stock recovery of the phone then be able to flash TWRP for mtk devices.. but I cannot do that coz the .PAC file won't get to "Waiting Mode.."

And after uninstalling "Android Composite ADB interface" as instructed and connected the phone. Nothing shows up in Device Manager.

My main deal is to find a way in which I can get TWRP or PhilZ Recovery for MTK Devices installed... I have mtk6582

Hold on. is this phone a Mediatek or Spreadtrum phone?

Note!
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Enthusiastic Member
24-06-2016, 07:19 AM
(23-06-2016, 02:45 PM)hovatek
(23-06-2016, 08:40 AM)Bri2awesome Yes, the phone can enter Fastboot mode. Actually, there is nothing seriously wrong with the phone. What I wanted to do was to get the stock recovery then use Easy Magic tool for TWRP or PhilZ to unpack and repack.. So that I can have one of those as a recovery... For now I have CMW Recovery old version 5.5.0.4 of which it fails to Flash most custom ROMs. Hence, i wanted to flash the Stock ROM so as to get the stock recovery of the phone then be able to flash TWRP for mtk devices.. but I cannot do that coz the .PAC file won't get to "Waiting Mode.."

Hold on. is this phone a Mediatek or Spreadtrum phone?

It's an Mtk6582.. I have always thought Mtk and Spreadtrum are one and the samething.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
24-06-2016, 11:17 AM
(24-06-2016, 07:19 AM)Bri2awesome It's an Mtk6582.. I have always thought Mtk and Spreadtrum are one and the samething.

So how did you know its mt6582? Also you can download cpu-Z or antutu benchmark from playstore to read your phone's chipset and details
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Bri2awesome
Enthusiastic Member
24-06-2016, 03:27 PM
(24-06-2016, 11:17 AM)matybazz
(24-06-2016, 07:19 AM)Bri2awesome It's an Mtk6582.. I have always thought Mtk and Spreadtrum are one and the samething.

So how did you know its mt6582? Also you can download cpu-Z or antutu benchmark from playstore to read your phone's chipset and details

I know it is Mtk6582 because I download CPU-Z and read the phone info details.

Is there a way that you are aware of..in which I can be able to flash a custom recovery in mkt?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2016, 09:39 PM

(24-06-2016, 03:27 PM)Bri2awesome I know it is Mtk6582 because I download CPU-Z and read the phone info details.

Is there a way that you are aware of..in which I can be able to flash a custom recovery in mkt?

backup using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
This post was last modified: 24-06-2016, 09:45 PM by hovatek.

Note!