02-20-2014, 10:08 PM
VLC is the most popular media player because it plays
everything of almost every format, but VLC can do a lot
more things of which a normal user does not know
1) Rip DVDs: You probably would never use it when there
are better DVD rippers available, but it helps to know
that you can in fact, get a decent quality DVD rip with
To rip a movie follow these steps:
Go to the Media menu and choose Convert/ Save.
Click on the Disc tab.
* Here you can adjust the Starting Position and rip only
specific titles or chapters.
* Enter file name making sure to end with .MPG, and
* Click Save.
* Its done!
2) Record videos:
With the new VLC, you can record videos during
playback. The record button is hidden by default. To see
it, click on View -> Advanced Control. The record button
Clicking on the button while playing a movie or video will
start recording. Clicking again will stop the recording.
3) Convert Audio and Video formats:
In VLC you can convert video and audio files from one
format to another. Several different formats are
supported like MP4, WMV, AVI,OGG, MP3 etc. To access
* Go to Media -> Convert/Save.
* Load the file you want to convert using the Add button
and click Convert.
* Now choose the output format and output file location.