Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno l7 freezes, crashes and bootloops even after flashing severally
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno l7 freezes, crashes and bootloops even after flashing severally

[Please help] Tecno l7 freezes, crashes and bootloops even after flashing severally

thebaptist82
thebaptist82
thebaptist82
29-06-2016, 04:40 PM

My Tecno l7 froze and started boot looping. Took it to the tech guys and they flashed it but it isn't any better. It has been flashed like 5 times already but it still freezes and crashes. Sometimes it freezes at the Tecno logo and starts again sometimes it boots to the lock screen and freezes. It also comes on with a black screen or white sometimes. Sometimes and I mean rarely, it boots OK and if I make calls or send texts, it doesn't crash but if I put on a game and start playing it crashes. Also does same if I run my flash when my data is on or of I am upgrading like whatsapp. Also, after flashing, my Internal memory dropped from 12gig to 8.3gigs. l7 has no external memory slot. On checking the storage in settings, it shows that system memory takes the remaining 3,7 gigs. Also, I think b4 the crash, a game I play(dream league soccer) just got deleted as I was playing and I discovered that it was renamed to a com.something(can't remember the name) file like the system files and it displayed on my home screen with an android logo but using its real name. I found it through es explorer and deleted it. Please help me. Don't know what to do.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-06-2016, 08:19 AM
(29-06-2016, 04:40 PM)thebaptist82 My Tecno l7 froze and started boot looping. Took it to the tech guys and they flashed it but it isn't any better. It has been flashed like 5 times already but it still freezes and crashes. Sometimes it freezes at the Tecno logo and starts again sometimes it boots to the lock screen and freezes. It also comes on with a black screen or white sometimes. Sometimes and I mean rarely, it boots OK and if I make calls or send texts, it doesn't crash but if I put on a game and start playing it crashes. Also does same if I run my flash when my data is on or of I am upgrading like whatsapp. Also, after flashing, my Internal memory dropped from 12gig to 8.3gigs. l7 has no external memory slot. On checking the storage in settings, it shows that system memory takes the remaining 3,7 gigs. Also, I think b4 the crash, a game I play(dream league soccer) just got deleted as I was playing and I discovered that it was renamed to a com.something(can't remember the name) file like the system files and it displayed on my home screen with an android logo but using its real name. I found it through es explorer and deleted it. Please help me. Don't know what to do.

The internal storage might be faulty. have you tried wiping emmc in Factory Mode (not Recovery Mode)?
Also, which firmware was used and was it flashed using firmware upgrade?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
thebaptist82
thebaptist82
thebaptist82
02-07-2016, 10:22 PM
(30-06-2016, 08:19 AM)hovatek
(29-06-2016, 04:40 PM)thebaptist82 My Tecno l7 froze and started boot looping. Took it to the tech guys and they flashed it but it isn't any better. It has been flashed like 5 times already but it still freezes and crashes. Sometimes it freezes at the Tecno logo and starts again sometimes it boots to the lock screen and freezes. It also comes on with a black screen or white sometimes. Sometimes and I mean rarely, it boots OK and if I make calls or send texts, it doesn't crash but if I put on a game and start playing it crashes. Also does same if I run my flash when my data is on or of I am upgrading like whatsapp. Also, after flashing, my Internal memory dropped from 12gig to 8.3gigs. l7 has no external memory slot. On checking the storage in settings, it shows that system memory takes the remaining 3,7 gigs. Also, I think b4 the crash, a game I play(dream league soccer) just got deleted as I was playing and I discovered that it was renamed to a com.something(can't remember the name) file like the system files and it displayed on my home screen with an android logo but using its real name. I found it through es explorer and deleted it. Please help me. Don't know what to do.

The internal storage might be faulty. have you tried wiping emmc in Factory Mode (not Recovery Mode)?

Yes i have wiped emmc in factory mode. Actually did that myself. The RAM was worked on and it is much better now but still scared i cant use the phone to its fullest potential. I don't know the firmware that was used. Can the internal memory be changed bcos the total memory i can access is still stuck at the 8.6gig. Or is there any better solution for the internal memory.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-07-2016, 03:15 PM
(02-07-2016, 10:22 PM)thebaptist82 Yes i have wiped emmc in factory mode. Actually did that myself. The RAM was worked on and it is much better now but still scared i cant use the phone to its fullest potential. I don't know the firmware that was used. Can the internal memory be changed bcos the total memory i can access is still stuck at the 8.6gig. Or is there any better solution for the internal memory.

thats the emmc chip. it can be changed

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
thebaptist82
thebaptist82
thebaptist82
04-07-2016, 11:35 AM

(30-06-2016, 08:19 AM)hovatek The internal storage might be faulty. have you tried wiping emmc in Factory Mode (not Recovery Mode)?

(03-07-2016, 03:15 PM)hovatek
(02-07-2016, 10:22 PM)thebaptist82 Yes i have wiped emmc in factory mode. Actually did that myself. The RAM was worked on and it is much better now but still scared i cant use the phone to its fullest potential. I don't know the firmware that was used. Can the internal memory be changed bcos the total memory i can access is still stuck at the 8.6gig. Or is there any better solution for the internal memory.

thats the emmc chip. it can be changed

Thanks for your time and response. Please could you be able to estimate the cost of changing the emmc and would it be completely fixed if it is changed? Thank you for your help so far. I am grateful.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-07-2016, 06:27 PM
(04-07-2016, 11:35 AM)thebaptist82 Thanks for your time and response. Please could you be able to estimate the cost of changing the emmc and would it be completely fixed if it is changed? Thank you for your help so far. I am grateful.

Can't say for sure

Note!