Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Tecno P9 blank screen.

I have a tecno P9 with virus.I downloaded the rom and flashed it.Now it comes up but with blank screen.I can hear the sound but no display.https://forum.hovatek.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

(07-07-2016, 05:22 PM)cherry1 Wrote: I have a tecno P9 with virus.I downloaded the rom and flashed it.Now it comes up but with blank screen.I can hear the sound but no display.https://forum.hovatek.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

1. was your p9 the 4.2 or 4.4 variant?
2. which firmware did you flash and where was it downloaded from?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
It is the 4.4 variant.I downloaded the firmware from this site.I also tried the 4.2 rom but it didn't even power up the phone.So I used the 4.4 rom again it came up with only the sound without the display.
(07-08-2016, 01:35 PM)cherry1 Wrote: It is the 4.4 variant.I downloaded the firmware from this site.I also tried the 4.2 rom but it didn't even power up the phone.So I used the 4.4 rom again it came up with only the sound without the display.

thats likely a boot.img or lk.bin issue.
can the phone boot into recovery mode?
No.It only makes sound when power on.I have tried booting into recovery mode but I can't see anything since it is blank.
(07-11-2016, 06:47 AM)cherry1 Wrote: No.It only makes sound when power on.I have tried booting into recovery mode but I can't see anything since it is blank.

we're working on alternative firmware for Tecno P9 because there seem to be different variants
Okay.Thanks.Will be waiting.