Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] x510 stuck on bootloop after rooting

Thumbs Down 

i flashed the modified preloader.bin and lk.bin that allows one to boot into recovery mode,i also flashed the twrp image and installed supersu.zip successfully.i accidentally wiped the cache(dont know what effect that has) and now when i boot on the phone normally its stuck at bootloop even after performing a data wipe/factory reset.please advice on what to do.

(07-13-2016, 11:45 AM)ian kamau Wrote: i flashed the modified preloader.bin and lk.bin that allows one to boot into recovery mode,i also flashed the twrp image and installed supersu.zip successfully.i accidentally wiped the cache(dont know what effect that has) and now when i boot on the phone normally its stuck at bootloop even after performing a data wipe/factory reset.please advice on what to do.

whats your phone's Android version and which supersu zip file exactly did you flash?
(07-13-2016, 09:31 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 11:45 AM)ian kamau Wrote: i flashed the modified preloader.bin and lk.bin that allows one to boot into recovery mode,i also flashed the twrp image and installed supersu.zip successfully.i accidentally wiped the cache(dont know what effect that has) and now when i boot on the phone normally its stuck at bootloop even after performing a data wipe/factory reset.please advice on what to do.

whats your phone's Android version and which supersu zip file exactly did you flash?

the phone is running on android marshmallow(6.0) and i flashed supersu version 2.46.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2016, 11:05 PM by hovatek. )
(07-14-2016, 05:11 PM)ian kamau Wrote: the phone is running on android marshmallow(6.0) and i flashed supersu version 2.46.

There are multiple variants of the X510; recovery images thus tend to vary.
the first task is figuring out which is yours

1. Is yours the LTE version?
2. What version of Android did yours ship with?
3. Have you tried flashing back any stock ROM?
(07-15-2016, 11:03 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 05:11 PM)ian kamau Wrote: the phone is running on android marshmallow(6.0) and i flashed supersu version 2.46.

There are multiple variants of the X510; recovery images thus tend to vary.
the first task is figuring out which is yours

1. Is yours the LTE version?
2. What version of Android did yours ship with?
3. Have you tried flashing back any stock ROM?

I downloaded a marshmallow stock rom for my device and flashed the system. Img and recovery. Img and it booted successfully but sadly its still nit rooted. Thankyou though
(07-20-2016, 05:39 PM)ian kamau Wrote: I downloaded a marshmallow stock rom for my device and flashed the system. Img and recovery. Img and it booted successfully but sadly its still nit rooted. Thankyou though

Just to know, did you flash back the unmodified preloader and lk?
(07-21-2016, 10:16 AM)matybazz Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 05:39 PM)ian kamau Wrote: I downloaded a marshmallow stock rom for my device and flashed the system. Img and recovery. Img and it booted successfully but sadly its still nit rooted. Thankyou though

Just to know, did you flash back the unmodified preloader and lk?

yeah i did that when i first realised that it was on a bootloop,then later i flashed the two images
(07-21-2016, 11:10 AM)ian kamau Wrote: yeah i did that when i first realised that it was on a bootloop,then later i flashed the two images

go to Settings > About > Build number and post yours