10-31-2013, 04:14 PM
If you managed to forget your Apple iPod screen-lock passcode combination here is a nifty little
hack which allows you to reset the old password saving you from trouble of restoring iPod to factory
defaults loosing everything stored in it. Similar to the iPod Volume Lock PIN reset hack we
will need to open iPod file-system and change the
file where the device stores its lock settings as
1. Connect your iPod to your computer.
2. Make sure you have enabled viewing of
Hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer,
if not Open Windows Explorer -> Tools
(Menu) -> Folder Options -> View -> Show
hidden files and folders.
3. Open " My Computer" and then double-click
your iPod device icon to open its file-system,
now navigate to folder "iPod_Control " ->
"Device " folder.
4. You will see a file named _locked rename this
to _unlocked , now to reset the password open
the file in notepad and delete all contents in it
5. Now, Eject the iPod
6. Your iPod Screenlock is now disabled.