Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to disable app from using data

Boss please how can I disable a particular application from using my mobile data

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile

(07-18-2016, 08:41 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Boss please how can I disable a particular application from using my mobile data

Goto settings>data usuage and restrict the app's background data.. So as long as you dont open the app it wont use your data
It did not work ...is like there is difference between mobile data and background data

(07-18-2016, 08:41 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Boss please how can I disable a particular application from using my mobile data

whats the name of the app and what it does?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 05:45 PM by Drockstar. )
Twitter app and I don't want to be receiving notifications when I don't need it at a particular time...I want to be receiving the notification when I want to used it ..the truth is that there peoples notification i am following at my convenience time so when I am busy I want to stop Twitter app from working or receiving those tweets notification and when I am free I can now turn it on to start receiving the tweets or the app will now start working

(07-18-2016, 05:32 PM)Drockstar Wrote: Twitter app and I don't want to be receiving notifications when I don't need it at a particular time...I want to be receiving the notification when I want to used it ..the truth is that there peoples notification i am following at my convenience time so when I am busy I want to stop Twitter app from working or receiving those tweets notification and when I am free I can now turn it on to start receiving the tweets or the app will now start working

You can always turn off notification in the app from settings
Will that stop the application from using my data...

Still waiting for answer on how to stop this application from working

(07-19-2016, 12:19 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Will that stop the application from using my data...

(07-19-2016, 07:00 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Still waiting for answer on how to stop this application from working

No but stoping notification from inside the app and restricting background data from settings>data usage should do
is your phone rooted... if so.. download Af firewall.. dats an efficient app to block app network access

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Tapatalk