Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Hovatek T-shirts:Subscribe for Private Support and get a free Hovatek T-shirt.... I WANT ONE! (Jan, 2018)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to flash a firmware in scatter format to an MTK Android phone using Miracle Box

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 09:40 PM by hovatek. )

We'd already dropped a guide on how to backup a Mediatek (MTK) Android's firmware in .bin and scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html and how to flash back the firmware in .bin format using the same Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13894.html . This guide will explain how to flash the Miracle Box backup / ROM Dump (scatter format) to an MTK Android phone using Miracle Box

Requirements

See the Video below or @ https://youtu.be/aAy7axgiURM

How to flash a scatter ROM / Firmware to an MTK phone using Miracle Box

1. Extract the Miracle Box zip into a folder and launch Miracle loader exe

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...-Box-0.jpg]

2. Wait till Miracle Box opens to the Dashboard

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...-Box-1.jpg]

3. Click the MTK Tab

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...-Box-2.jpg]

4. Tick Write

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...-Box-3.jpg]

5. Select the phone's chipset from the dropdown menu

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...-Box-4.jpg]

6. Click the folder icon

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...-Box-5.jpg]

7. In the window that pops up, select the scatter file and click Open. The file you wish to flash should be in the same folder as the scatter file and in .bin format for best compatibility

[Image: how-to-flash-a-firmware-in-scatter-forma...-box-1.jpg]

8. Click the Start Button

[Image: how-to-flash-a-firmware-in-scatter-forma...-box-2.jpg]

9. You should now see >>Waiting for USB Port... at the left tab. Switch off the phone (with a charged battery inside) then connect it to the PC via USB cord

[Image: how-to-flash-a-firmware-in-scatter-forma...-box-3.jpg]

10. Miracle Box should now detect the phone and commence flashing

[Image: how-to-flash-a-firmware-in-scatter-forma...-box-5.jpg]

11. Select the Block you wish to flash to then click OK

[Image: how-to-flash-a-firmware-in-scatter-forma...-box-6.jpg]

12. Flashing should resume. Wait till you see

Code:
    Write Done
    Total time:
    100%

13. Then disconnect the phone and boot

[Image: how-to-flash-a-firmware-in-scatter-forma...-box-7.jpg]

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
"7. In the window that pops up, select the scatter file and click Open. The file you wish to flash should be in the same folder as the scatter file and in .bin format for best compatibility"

Please throw more light on that ?, do you mean we're renaming all the files inside  the downloaded extracted firmware's folder?

Because there are some files in the downloaded extracted firmware's folder that are not  .bin

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot (2).png (Size: 198 KB / Downloads: 81)
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 12:19 PM by hovatek. )
(07-20-2016, 10:47 AM)hovatek Wrote: ...

It says error set: patti
(10-11-2017, 10:01 PM)Teddzz Wrote:

Thats because you didn't include / tick preloader.bin

(10-12-2017, 12:22 PM)hovatek Wrote:

pls im lost here. my miracle box only showed recovery.img and did not show preloader.bin. is it that i downloaded the wrong twrp file or i can just rename to .img since that is what it detect when about to flash and not .bin
(11-04-2017, 09:56 AM)promise osaretin Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:22 PM)hovatek Wrote:

pls im lost here. my miracle box only showed recovery.img and did not show preloader.bin. is it that i downloaded the wrong twrp file or i can just rename to .img since that is what it detect when about to flash and not .bin
i need respomse asap.plz
(11-04-2017, 09:56 AM)promise osaretin Wrote: pls im lost here. my miracle box only showed recovery.img and did not show preloader.bin. is it that i downloaded the wrong twrp file or i can just rename to .img since that is what it detect when about to flash and not .bin

if you downloaded the TWRP you are trying to flash, then you should check and properly follow the rooting guide where you got the TWRP from.
step one should include "dump your firmware in scatter file format" [that is where you'll get the preloader.bin you'll use to flash the TWRP from]
(11-04-2017, 04:57 PM)X3non Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 09:56 AM)promise osaretin Wrote: pls im lost here. my miracle box only showed recovery.img and did not show preloader.bin. is it that i downloaded the wrong twrp file or i can just rename to .img since that is what it detect when about to flash and not .bin

if you downloaded the TWRP you are trying to flash, then you should check and properly follow the rooting guide where you got the TWRP from.
step one should include "dump your firmware in scatter file format" [that is where you'll get the preloader.bin you'll use to flash the TWRP from]

my point is inside the Twrp file i downloaded. it shows recovery.img and the scatter file text. The problem is the Twrp .img extension whereas my firmware scatter format is .bin which is preloader.bin. it could not detect my preloader.bin which i am suppose to tick or include with the recovery.bin. but it only shows me recovery.img and then when done with the flashing ,it shows error. my problem here is the .bin and .img which is confusing. should i just rename my preloader.bin to .img extension manually or what. for it to detect it.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 09:43 AM by hovatek. )
(11-04-2017, 08:02 PM)promise osaretin Wrote: my point is inside the Twrp file i downloaded. it shows recovery.img and the scatter file text. The problem is the Twrp .img extension whereas my firmware scatter format is .bin which is preloader.bin. it could not detect my preloader.bin which i am suppose to tick or include with the recovery.bin. but it only shows me recovery.img and then when done with the flashing ,it shows error. my problem here is the .bin and .img which is confusing. should i just rename my preloader.bin to .img extension manually or what. for it to detect it.

You're making a mistake of mixing SP flash tool targeted files with Miracle Box files.
If the TWRP zip you downloaded contains a recovery.img and scatter file then its very likely an SP Flash tool format and is to be flashed using SP flash tool (not Miracle Box). To verify, open the scatter file located in the TWRP zip you downloaded using Notepad++ and search for recovery. If file_name says recovery.img then the TWRP + Scatter were intended to be flashed via SP Flash tool.
Now, if you want to flash the TWRP via Miracle Box then
1. You ought to have made a Miracle Box dump of your phone
2. You're to copy out only the TWRP recovery.img (leave out its scatter file) then rename it from recovery.img to recovery.bin (not recovery.bin.img)
3. Using the scatter file from your Miracle Box dump, preloader.bin and the newly renamed TWRP recovery.bin , you can then flash via Miracle Box.

I hope I've cleared your confusion
(11-06-2017, 09:40 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 08:02 PM)promise osaretin Wrote: my point is inside the Twrp file i downloaded. it shows recovery.img and the scatter file text. The problem is the Twrp .img extension whereas my firmware scatter format is .bin which is preloader.bin. it could not detect my preloader.bin which i am suppose to tick or include with the recovery.bin. but it only shows me recovery.img and then when done with the flashing ,it shows error. my problem here is the .bin and .img which is confusing. should i just rename my preloader.bin to .img extension manually or what. for it to detect it.

You're making a mistake of mixing SP flash tool targeted files with Miracle Box files.
If the TWRP zip you downloaded contains a recovery.img and scatter file then its very likely an SP Flash tool format and is to be flashed using SP flash tool (not Miracle Box). To verify, open the scatter file located in the TWRP zip you downloaded using Notepad++ and search for recovery. If file_name says recovery.img then the TWRP + Scatter were intended to be flashed via SP Flash tool.
Now, if you want to flash the TWRP via Miracle Box then
1. You ought to have made a Miracle Box dump of your phone
2. You're to copy out only the TWRP recovery.img (leave out its scatter file) then rename it from recovery.img to recovery.bin (not recovery.bin.img)
3. Using the scatter file from your Miracle Box dump, preloader.bin and the newly renamed TWRP recovery.bin , you can then flash via Miracle Box.

I hope I've cleared your confusion
Tnx alot .it finally worked. the issue now is after the flashing,i tried entering into recovering mode using vol up nd power but it couldn't instead booted normally.i tried vol up,power nd home key.it shows no command after showing infinix logo after boot. plz is there solution to this or is there any other method i can enter recovering mode to install twrp using pc via usb cord manually instead of going thru bootup.Tnx