Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Missing IMEI only on 1 ROM I'm trying to port
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Missing IMEI only on 1 ROM I'm trying to port

Missing IMEI only on 1 ROM I'm trying to port

Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 09:58 AM

MTK6580, heres the set-up:

Stock ROM SPtools flashable: Has IMEI
Stock ROM CWM Backup: Has IMEI
CM12.1 Flashable zip and TWRP backup: Has IMEI
RR 5.1.1 Flashable zip and TWRP backup: Has IMEI
CRdroid 5.1 Flashable zip and TWRP backup: Has IMEI

then....

BlissPop 5.1 flashable zip: NO IMEI...

Have tried mobile uncle tools (didnt work, said not allowed or something) then tried something uncletools told me to download, that also didnt work after reboot), chameleon, made a flashable zip to flash \data\nvram\md\NVRAM\NVD_IMEI\MP0B_001 

None of those have worked, know I COULD sort it out with MTKdroid tools but sadly, the MTK6580 is not supported with that, so cant make a back-up with that :Sad have a few MTK6572 phones lying around, so wondering if I could backup one of those with MTKdroid tools, then flash the NVRAM.bin from those to my phone in SPflashtools? Realise the IMEI would change but I'm not bothered as the other phones arent being used anyway. 
Or is there any other way to get this working on the blisspop ROM? I really like that rom and would like to get this fixed.

Thanks.
This post was last modified: 21-07-2016, 10:01 AM by robneymcplum.
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Have tried flashing the nvram from a working backup using TWRP while blisspop was installed, still nothing Sad

SN writer wont see, or doesnt see the phone, brings up an error about 'kernel handshake'? or similar
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Just to clarify, all the roms I got to port were from the infinix hot 2, so they should all be the same and all the roms work when flashed onto the infinix hot 2.
mensa
mensa
mensa
21-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Try miracle box

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Hovatek mobile
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 05:18 PM

(21-07-2016, 05:11 PM)mensa Try miracle box

And then what do I do with that? extract from working? copy from backup? Make a new IMEI/baseband?

Ive never used the program before.
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 05:33 PM
And my avast and malwarebytes went mental downloading that... I'll open it sandboxed I think...
mensa
mensa
mensa
21-07-2016, 06:00 PM
(21-07-2016, 05:18 PM)robneymcplum And then what do I do with that? extract from working? copy from backup? Make a new IMEI/baseband?

Use miracle box to backup the nvram, secro and nvdata images from a working phone and then write to your phone. I believe your phone is hot 2 just as the phone you are trying to restore it's Nvran.

robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 06:47 PM
(21-07-2016, 06:00 PM)mensa
(21-07-2016, 05:18 PM)robneymcplum And then what do I do with that? extract from working? copy from backup? Make a new IMEI/baseband?

Use miracle box to backup the nvram,  secro and nvdata images from a working phone and then write to your phone.  I believe your phone is hot 2 just as the phone you are trying to restore it's Nvran.

My phone is a uhappy up580, the roms are from a hot 2, have succesfully ported 3 already, but this one isnt porting right. Which boot select do I chose? for mtk6580, same as hot2. There is no option for that chip. Is flashing backup to the phone the same as making the backup? but in reverse?

What option do I pick? readinfo? nv read? read? and then which option to put it on the new rom?

EDIT tried a few options, phone not found, got all drivers installed.
This post was last modified: 21-07-2016, 06:55 PM by robneymcplum.
mensa
mensa
mensa
21-07-2016, 06:57 PM
(21-07-2016, 06:47 PM)robneymcplum My phone is a uhappy up580, the roms are from a hot 2, have succesfully ported 3 already, but this one isnt porting right. Which boot select do I chose? for mtk6580, same as hot2. There is no option for that chip. Is flashing backup to the phone the same as making the backup? but in reverse?

What option do I pick? readinfo? nv read? read? and then which option to put it on the new rom?

Select read and then click on the start button. Don't select any chipset. When it is detected, miracle box will deter the chipset by itself. Select save as scatter file. Then connect the phone after clicked on the start button and seen waiting for USB port on the right side of box. Make sure to switch off the phone and then when connecting the switched off phone: press the power button once and don't hold down. This is when backing up from a similar phone but since the phone is different from yours, I suggest you select only NV read. Then you connect and proceed.

This post was last modified: 21-07-2016, 07:05 PM by mensa.
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
21-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Says 'non usb port maybe driver not installed'

The power button thing, do i plug it in THEN press power, or press power AS Im plugging it in?
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next