Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] Zopo zp980+ very strange brick , driving me crazy
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Zopo zp980+ very strange brick , driving me crazy

[Please help] Zopo zp980+ very strange brick , driving me crazy

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
21-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Hi all,
i have a zopo zp980+ , i can flash any of the stock roms available on the official website, and it goes all ok until i try to power on the device... the phone won't power on, or charge while it's off it will look completely dead but...
keeping pressed the power on button for looooong time sometimes can power on the phone, and once the phone boots everything works fine and the phone behaves in excellent way.
If i power off the device , then here we are again... no power on , gotta remove the battery and try again keeping pressed the power button and after a ton of retry it boots.
it also happens with the reboot... the phone shutdown and then i gotta sweat to power it on again.
what i already did:
1) flashing all the official roms available from the producer website
2) flashing the preloader only after a whole system reflash
3) trying different versions of spflashtool rom first to latest
4) trying a different computer with a different os
5) formatting the whole phone before installing the stock rom
 another thing i've noticed... when the phone is off if i connect the charging cable nothing happens , but sometimes after some minutes the charging animation appears and it starts charging normally, if i try to power on the phone, the charge stops and the phone won't boot.
It's driving me mad cause for once i saw the phone working normally with fast shutdowns and reboots, and because once the phone boots then it's a great phone.
It looks like the boot rom works slowly, but when i connect the phone to spflashtool they talk in maximum 5 seconds and the flash starts correctly the flash and ends it then.
Please help me to sort it out
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-07-2016, 10:45 PM
(21-07-2016, 11:58 AM)Brainbooster Hi all,
i have a zopo zp980+ , i can flash any of the stock roms available on the official website, and it goes all ok until i try to power on the device... the phone won't power on, or charge while it's off it will look completely dead but...
keeping pressed the power on button for looooong time sometimes can power on the phone, and once the phone boots everything works fine and the phone behaves in excellent way.
If i power off the device , then here we are again... no power on , gotta remove the battery and try again keeping pressed the power button and after a ton of retry it boots.
it also happens with the reboot... the phone shutdown and then i gotta sweat to power it on again.
what i already did:
 another thing i've noticed... when the phone is off if i connect the charging cable nothing happens , but sometimes after some minutes the charging animation appears and it starts charging normally, if i try to power on the phone, the charge stops and the phone won't boot.
It's driving me mad cause for once i saw the phone working normally with fast shutdowns and reboots, and because once the phone boots then it's a great phone.
It looks like the boot rom works slowly, but when i connect the phone to spflashtool they talk in maximum 5 seconds and the flash starts correctly the flash and ends it then.

These looks like a hardware issue. could be RAM, emmc chip or power related.
Lets run a few more tests
launch device manager then connect the phone while switched off. how soon does device manager refresh?
BTW,have you tried changing the battery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
22-07-2016, 06:38 AM
(21-07-2016, 10:45 PM)hovatek
(21-07-2016, 11:58 AM)Brainbooster Hi all,
what i already did:

These looks like a hardware issue. could be RAM, emmc chip or power related.
launch device manager then connect the phone while switched off. how soon does device manager refresh?
changed 3 different batteries. (all 100 % charged)
The phone starts talking with the pc within 4 seconds (without the battery )
This post was last modified: 22-07-2016, 06:42 AM by Brainbooster.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-07-2016, 12:27 PM
(22-07-2016, 06:38 AM)Brainbooster These looks like a hardware issue. could be RAM, emmc chip or power related.

connect with battery while off.
I want to know what it gets detected as under device manager

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
22-07-2016, 12:56 PM

(22-07-2016, 12:27 PM)hovatek
(22-07-2016, 06:38 AM)Brainbooster These looks like a hardware issue. could be RAM, emmc chip or power related.

connect with battery while off.
I want to know what it gets detected as under device manager

detected as vcom device then it disappear after a while , I suppose because nothing talks with the vcom port.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-07-2016, 06:41 PM
(22-07-2016, 12:56 PM)Brainbooster detected as vcom device then it disappear after a while , I suppose because nothing talks with the vcom port.

ok.
another test.
When the phone boots up, reboot (not switch off) by holding the power button and selecting reboot.
let me know if it goes dead or reboots successfully

Note!
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
23-07-2016, 06:39 AM
(22-07-2016, 06:41 PM)hovatek
(22-07-2016, 12:56 PM)Brainbooster detected as vcom device then it disappear after a while , I suppose because nothing talks with the vcom port.

ok.
another test.
When the phone boots up, reboot (not switch off) by holding the power button and selecting reboot.
let me know if it goes dead or reboots successfully

done.
the phone simply shutdown without powering on again, I had to remove the battery to power it on again.
The same happens if I try to reboot to recovery.
I have an extended boot menu so I also tested the soft-reboot and it works as expected.
This post was last modified: 23-07-2016, 06:46 AM by Brainbooster.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-07-2016, 11:24 AM
(23-07-2016, 06:39 AM)Brainbooster done.
the phone simply shutdown without powering on again, I had to remove the battery to power it on again.
I have an extended boot menu so I also tested the soft-reboot and it works as expected.

I dont understand. You said
"the phone simply shutdown without powering on again"
and
"I have an extended boot menu so I also tested the soft-reboot and it works as expected"
These are conflicting. please, clarify

Note!
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
23-07-2016, 02:36 PM
(23-07-2016, 11:24 AM)hovatek
(23-07-2016, 06:39 AM)Brainbooster done.

I dont understand. You said
"the phone simply shutdown without powering on again"
and
"I have an extended boot menu so I also tested the soft-reboot and it works as expected"
These are conflicting. please, clarify

no, because the soft-reboot doesn't really shutdown the phone, they are two different kinds of reboot , the soft-reboot I'm talking about is the one provided by xposed / gravity box
This post was last modified: 23-07-2016, 02:40 PM by Brainbooster.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2016, 12:35 PM

(23-07-2016, 02:36 PM)Brainbooster no, because the soft-reboot doesn't really shutdown the phone, they are two different kinds of reboot , the soft-reboot I'm talking about is the one provided by xposed / gravity box

What I'm asking you to do is compare the outcome of the default reboot function that comes with your phone and the soft reboot module you're using

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next