Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] Zopo zp980+ very strange brick , driving me crazy
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Zopo zp980+ very strange brick , driving me crazy

[Please help] Zopo zp980+ very strange brick , driving me crazy

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
24-07-2016, 03:47 PM

(24-07-2016, 12:35 PM)hovatek
(23-07-2016, 02:36 PM)Brainbooster no, because the soft-reboot doesn't really shutdown the phone, they are two different kinds of reboot , the soft-reboot I'm talking about is the one provided by xposed / gravity box

What I'm asking you to do is compare the outcome of the default reboot function that comes with your phone and the soft reboot module you're using

the reboot , sometimes also called quick reboot, just looks like to reboot the phone it starts from the boot animation on until the phone is fully booted but it doesn't really shutdown  the phone , instead the "regular reboot " just attempts to reboot but it stops once the phone goes off, then to boot the phone again I must to remove the battery and try again and again until it boots normally.
This post was last modified: 25-07-2016, 06:04 AM by Brainbooster.
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
25-07-2016, 12:05 PM
i'm starting to think the problem is inside lk.bin....
just think about all the strange things the phone does ..they basically all happens when the phone if off rather than while I'm using it , so I think it's the little kernel doing something wrong or getting into an indefinite state .
also when I put the phone on charge when it's off , the charging animation doesn't appear as soon as I connect the cable but it takes a variable random time..
I think lk is thsoftware which controls all those functions so I would restrict the possible fault cause to that area
what do you think about my theory?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2016, 03:07 PM
(25-07-2016, 12:05 PM)Brainbooster i'm starting to think the problem is inside lk.bin....
just think about all the strange things the phone does ..they basically all happens when the phone if off rather than while I'm using it , so I think it's the little kernel doing something wrong or getting into an indefinite state .
also when I put the phone on charge when it's off , the charging animation doesn't appear as soon as I connect the cable but it takes a variable random time..
I think lk is thsoftware which controls all those functions so I would restrict the possible fault cause to that area

i'm also suspecting preloader and lk .bin

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mensa
mensa
mensa
25-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Yes, uboot, preloader and boot. There is no coordination between them. Most especially the uboot or ik which facilitates that. When you restart the phone, it is not a complete switch off so the work starts on uboot which then is aided by boot, then logo brings itself: then boot takes it again to switch on. I really don't see coordination between these partitions. Maybe a deformity.

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 25-07-2016, 06:24 PM by mensa.
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
26-07-2016, 05:38 AM

(25-07-2016, 03:07 PM)hovatek
(25-07-2016, 12:05 PM)Brainbooster i'm starting to think the problem is inside lk.bin....

i'm also suspecting preloader and lk .bin

the preloader never showed strange behaviors I would point my finger on lk , but how to debug lk? I think something goes wrong when lk initializes the pmic, I would be curious to read the pmic registers values after the phone shutdown.
who knows how to decompile or debug lk?
any dedicated tool ?
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
26-07-2016, 10:49 AM
(25-07-2016, 06:12 PM)mensa Yes,  uboot, preloader and boot.  There is no coordination between them.  Most especially the uboot or ik which facilitates that. When you restart the phone,  it is not a complete switch off so the work starts on uboot which then is aided by boot,  then logo brings itself: then boot takes it again to switch on.  I really don't see coordination between these partitions.  Maybe a deformity.

I'm planning to build a serial data cable in order to catch the early init kernel messages, it will also power the phone the way I can see everything from the beginning
mensa
mensa
mensa
26-07-2016, 11:21 AM
(26-07-2016, 10:49 AM)Brainbooster I'm planning to build a serial data cable in order to catch the early init kernel messages, it will also power the phone the way I can see everything from the beginning

Okay try that and let's see what happens. Is this happening on a stock or custom Rom?

Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
26-07-2016, 01:32 PM
(26-07-2016, 11:21 AM)mensa
(26-07-2016, 10:49 AM)Brainbooster I'm planning to build a serial data cable in order to catch the early init kernel messages, it will also power the phone the way I can see everything from the beginning

Okay try that and let's see what happens.  Is this happening on a stock or custom Rom?

yes , with all the stock roms I tested .
now I really want to understand why this happens , moreover I saw it working normally for half an hour before it shutdown (my fault, i overheated it ) and started behave strange again , so I know it can work normally cause I saw it rebooting, shutting down and powering on normally with my eyes
mensa
mensa
mensa
26-07-2016, 01:47 PM
(26-07-2016, 01:32 PM)Brainbooster yes , with all the stock roms I tested .
now I really want to understand why this happens , moreover I saw it working normally for half an hour before it shutdown (my fault, i overheated it ) and started behave strange again , so I know it can work normally cause I saw it rebooting, shutting down and powering on normally with my eyes

Then I believe is not a problem to call for alarm. Then is basically because of overheat or over usage of the phone. I want to know, how did you over-heat it?

This post was last modified: 26-07-2016, 01:48 PM by mensa.
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
Brainbooster
26-07-2016, 03:06 PM

(26-07-2016, 01:47 PM)mensa
(26-07-2016, 01:32 PM)Brainbooster yes , with all the stock roms I tested .

Then I believe is not a problem to call for alarm.  Then is basically because of overheat or over usage of the phone. I want to know,  how did you over-heat it?

hehehe easy... after I saw it working normally I started to batch-installing all my softwares at once also consider that i was torturing the phone since a couple of hours when the magic happened and  ....bang shutdown
This post was last modified: 26-07-2016, 03:08 PM by Brainbooster.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next