Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Tecno N3 won't boot into recovery after flashing recovery image.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno N3 won't boot into recovery after flashing recovery image.

Tecno N3 won't boot into recovery after flashing recovery image.

Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2016, 08:44 PM

hello please i downloaded custom recovery for tecno n3 from your website. i followed all the instructions and flashed the recovery image, my phone however now does not boot into recovery again. it gets stucked at the tecno logo when i try booting into recovery. i flashed it the recovery over and over again but its still the same problem. please help me.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-07-2016, 09:12 AM
(25-07-2016, 08:44 PM)Opuni Jeff hello please i downloaded custom recovery for tecno n3 from your website. i followed all the instructions and flashed the recovery image, my phone however now does not boot into recovery again. it gets stucked at the tecno logo when i try booting into recovery. i flashed it the recovery over and over again but its still the same problem. please help me.

flash back the stock recovery.
what's your chipset

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Enthusiastic Member
26-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Please how do I determine the chipset? and how can I flash back the stock recovery and with what? I have a nandroid back up but I cant figure out which is the stock recovery. and where will I get the stock recovery from
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Enthusiastic Member
26-07-2016, 11:46 AM
I just used cpu-z app to check
Hardware Mediatek mt6575
Architecture. 1x ARM Cortex-A9
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-07-2016, 08:29 PM

(26-07-2016, 11:15 AM)Opuni Jeff Please how do I determine the chipset?  and how can I flash back the stock recovery and with what?  I have a nandroid back up but I cant figure out which is the stock recovery. and where will I get the stock recovery from

is the phone rooted?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Enthusiastic Member
26-07-2016, 09:00 PM
yes the phone is rooted with kingroot. I tried poot but couldn't - demon materialized.....
This post was last modified: 26-07-2016, 11:52 PM by Opuni Jeff.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2016, 09:14 AM
(26-07-2016, 09:00 PM)Opuni Jeff yes the phone is rooted with kingroot. I tried poot but couldn't - demon materialized.....

flash back the stock recovery.img using flashify or rashr

Note!
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Enthusiastic Member
28-07-2016, 05:52 AM
I get this error when I used rashes. my phone doesn't support flashify
fail to flash
'/data/data/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools/files/busybox dd if="/dev/block/recovery" of="/data/data/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools/files/recovery...
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Opuni Jeff
Enthusiastic Member
28-07-2016, 05:54 AM
I get this error when I used rashr. my phone doesn't support flashify
fail to flash
'/data/data/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools/files/busybox dd if="/dev/block/recovery" of="/data/data/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools/files/recovery...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-07-2016, 01:22 PM

(28-07-2016, 05:54 AM)Opuni Jeff I get this error when I used rashr. my phone doesn't support flashify
fail to flash

how did you flash the custom recovery in the first place?

Note!