We've previously discussed how to flash Nokia devices (Java and Symbian Only) using phoenix and USB cable @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-3464.html . You can use any of the guides you find easier to understand.
- While flashing, the process shouldn't be interrupted due to insufficient charge on the battery or due to disconnection of the USB cord as it may result to a totally damaged phone.
- Always try to search well for the latest firmware before download / flashing. Using a firmware below the current firmware on the phone would result in a partially bricked phone (this is because downgrading isn't allowed)
- Infinity Box (download @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...0nagj5j3nx )
- Nokia PC Suite (download @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...uite.shtml )
- Firmware files for flashing (download https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...nokia.html )
- A GOOD USB cable
- Well charged battery
- Install Nokia PC Suite (it would install necessary drivers)
- Create a new folder on your desktop and rename it to the model of the phone you are about to flash
eg Nokia 201 with model RM-799 (the folder would be named RM-799)
- Copy the firmware files you downloaded into this folder
- Extract the content of the infinity box zip file
- Right click on InfinityBest.exe and Open
- When the Infinity Best windows opens, Click on the flashing tab
- At the top left hand corner, Click on Connect > USB
- Next, Click on Settings > DataPackage path > Change active dir
- Navigate to and select Desktop (this is the location of the folder that contains the firmware files)
- Tick the checkbox beside "DeadMode"
- Tick the checkbox beside "Set Normal"
- Tick the checkbox beside "FactorySet"
- Click the dropdown box beneath Select Model > scroll to the particular model you want to flash and click on it
(In my case it's RM-799)
- Tick the checkbox beside "Use INI". The files for flashing should automatically load (skip this step if the box is already ticked and the files are loaded)
- Click on Flash
- Connect the phone using USB and wait for the process to complete
- Once successful, You should see Done
- You can now disconnect and Power on the phone