Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno p5 not powering or charging properly
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno p5 not powering or charging properly

Tecno p5 not powering or charging properly

thernee
thernee
thernee
04-08-2016, 08:03 AM

I mistakenly interrupted sp flashtool during flashing and my tecno p5 doesn't turn on anymore or even vibrate when I press the power button.

My PC makes sounds to show that the phone is detected when I connect it but it doesn't even charge even when connected to wall charger it just shows the charging bar with no percentage for a few seconds then it goes dark and then it will come up again continuously. 

When I try to flash it, it shows a red bar first before the yellow will flash completely which doesnt before the problem. It won't still come up after the flashing completes. 

Help me out Pls
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
04-08-2016, 10:51 AM
(04-08-2016, 08:03 AM)thernee I mistakenly interrupted sp flashtool during flashing and my tecno p5 doesn't turn on anymore or even vibrate when I press the power button.

My PC makes sounds to show that the phone is detected when I connect it but it doesn't even charge even when connected to wall charger it just shows the charging bar with no percentage for a few seconds then it goes dark and then it will come up again continuously. 

When I try to flash it, it shows a red bar first before the yellow will flash completely which doesnt before the problem. It won't still come up after the flashing completes. 

Help me out Pls
See here for fix https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-08-2016, 07:17 PM
(04-08-2016, 08:03 AM)thernee I mistakenly interrupted sp flashtool during flashing and my tecno p5 doesn't turn on anymore or even vibrate when I press the power button.

Help me out Pls

Before your phone got bricked, what used to be the color of the first TECNO to appear, white or blue?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
thernee
thernee
thernee
05-08-2016, 01:29 PM
(04-08-2016, 07:17 PM)hovatek

My PC makes sounds to show that the phone is detected when I connect it but it doesn't even charge even when connected to wall charger it just shows the charging bar with no percentage for a few seconds then it goes dark and then it will come up again continuously. 

Help me out Pls

Before your phone got bricked, what used to be the color of the first TECNO to appear, white or blue?

It was white
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-08-2016, 11:20 PM

(05-08-2016, 01:29 PM)thernee It was white

* take out / reinsert the battery
* connect the phone to a charger and keep charging till the phone shows sign of life
* try flashing Tecno P5 New OS Variant 1 to 3 (one of them should work for your device)
thernee
thernee
thernee
07-08-2016, 06:21 AM
(05-08-2016, 11:20 PM)X3non
(05-08-2016, 01:29 PM)thernee It was white

* take out / reinsert the battery
* connect the phone to a charger and keep charging till the phone shows sign of life
* try flashing Tecno P5 New OS Variant 1 to 3 (one of them should work for your device)
How do I know the variants? 
Can you provide links pls
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-08-2016, 06:33 PM
(07-08-2016, 06:21 AM)thernee How do I know the variants? 
Can you provide links pls

You'll have to try each p5 New OS one at a time

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.