We previously dropped a guide on how to backup your modem's dashboard @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-10894.html which is a generic guide (i.e can be used to backup ZTE, Huawei and other modems types). This guide on the other hand is an alternative for those who use Huawei devices.
- A PC running Windows
- Huawei Dashboard Tools (download @
How to Backup a Huawei Modem's Dashboard Using Huawei Dashboard Tool
- Extract the contents of Huawei Dashboard Tools zip file
- Open the folder and launch HuaweiDashboardTool.exe
- Wait till the software opens
- Click on Options > Backup/Capacity
- The backup/capacity window should now open
- Click on the dropdown bar below CDROM drive and select the modem's drive
- Click on Select
- In the window that opens next, navigate to the location you wish to save the file, give the file a name (eg E173) then click on Save
- Finally click on Backup and wait for the process to complete.
- Once successful, you should get the message "ISO image successfully created"