Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] network issues in tecno m3 (wcdma-only mode disables services

Hello, Please my tecno m3 is having an issue. If I turn on Wcdma only, it will cut service in my phone

(02-17-2015, 01:14 PM)Ifeanyilawrence Wrote: Hello, Please my tecno m3 is having an issue. If I turn on Wcdma only, it will cut service in my phone

does this happen with other networks too? also, are people around you using wcdma on their phones?
Yes, it happens with other networks and people around uses wcdma on their phones with same network
(02-17-2015, 06:15 PM)Ifeanyilawrence Wrote: Yes, it happens with other networks and people around uses wcdma on their phones with same network

is the phone rooted or running on a custom ROM?
Yea, it's rooted and the problem started after flashing a custom rom, but I have restored the stock rom and the problem persisted
(02-18-2015, 01:08 AM)Ifeanyilawrence Wrote: Yea, it's rooted and the problem started after flashing a custom rom, but I have restored the stock rom and the problem persisted

im guessing you restored the stock ROM using CWM. what you need is secro.img and the rest in the MTK backup. 
1. is your m3 4.2 or 4.4?
2. if its 4.2, check the pics @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html and lets know if your M3 is Old or New OS type
It's 4.2, the old one. I have the cwm backup and I have restored it but the problem persisted. Have also done the mtk download using sp flash tool
(02-18-2015, 03:14 PM)Ifeanyilawrence Wrote: It's 4.2, the old one. I have the cwm backup and I have restored it but the problem persisted. Have also done the mtk download using sp flash tool
its the MTK backup you need to flash, not CWM backup
I have done that, but it didn't work. I can't find the secro.img
(02-18-2015, 08:56 PM)Ifeanyilawrence Wrote: I have done that, but it didn't work. I can't find the secro.img

1. Did you backup from a working Old OS 4.2 M3?
2. List the files in your backup folder