Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android ram enlarger
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

ram enlarger

ram enlarger

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
onoskhala
onoskhala
onoskhala
Enthusiastic Member
18-02-2015, 09:07 AM

I'm using a tecno G9 and which to enlarge the size of the ram to 4gig without the use of a laptop, can I get the ROESOFT
EXPANDER app to do it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-02-2015, 10:20 AM
(18-02-2015, 09:07 AM)onoskhala I'm using a tecno G9 and which to enlarge the size of the ram to 4gig without the use of a laptop, can I get the  ROESOFT
EXPANDER app to do it

You could try it but dont think you can get that much space. just to be sure, are you trying to increase the RAM or internal storage size?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
onoskhala
onoskhala
onoskhala
Enthusiastic Member
18-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I have heard that It is possible that the ram size can be increased from the 1gig to 4gig, with SD card partition, how can I do it?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-02-2015, 03:46 PM
(18-02-2015, 11:30 AM)onoskhala I have heard that It is possible that the ram size can be increased from the 1gig to 4gig, with SD card partition, how can I do it?

rheosoft RAM expnader is what you migth want to install and use.its not a free app though

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mazyl
mazyl
mazyl
Techie Member
18-02-2015, 03:52 PM

(18-02-2015, 03:46 PM)hovatek
(18-02-2015, 11:30 AM)onoskhala I have heard that It is possible that the ram size can be increased from the 1gig to 4gig, with SD card partition, how can I do it?

rheosoft RAM expnader is what you migth want to install and use.its not a free app though

Hahaha rams are impossible to expand since they are not like CPUs which can be overclocked. The ram can be expanded with swap spacing and that can only happen if your kernel supports swap spacing. I don't think there's any mediatek device out there with swap support. I've tried the rheosoft ram expander on my old tecno p5 but didn't work. Needs root permission though!

Sent from my TECNO H6 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-02-2015, 04:21 PM
(18-02-2015, 03:52 PM)mazyl Hahaha rams are impossible to expand since they are not like CPUs which can be overclocked. The ram can be expanded with swap spacing and that can only happen if your kernel supports swap spacing. I don't think there's any mediatek device out there with swap support. I've tried the rheosoft ram expander on my old tecno p5 but didn't work. Needs root permission though!

True. The RAM is a hardware so all one can do is take processing load off it to SD card. This however requires a kernel that supports it.

Note!
mazyl
mazyl
mazyl
Techie Member
18-02-2015, 06:15 PM
(18-02-2015, 04:21 PM)hovatek
(18-02-2015, 03:52 PM)mazyl Hahaha rams are impossible to expand since they are not like CPUs which can be overclocked. The ram can be expanded with swap spacing and that can only happen if your kernel supports swap spacing. I don't think there's any mediatek device out there with swap support. I've tried the rheosoft ram expander on my old tecno p5 but didn't work. Needs root permission though!

True. The RAM is a hardware so all one can do is take processing load off it to SD card. This however requires a kernel that supports it.

Is anyone here developing any custom kernels that supports swapping?

Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
18-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I believe Team Hovatek is working on a custom kernel for MTK phones

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Hovatek mobile
onoskhala
onoskhala
onoskhala
Enthusiastic Member
19-02-2015, 12:48 PM
(18-02-2015, 03:52 PM)mazyl
(18-02-2015, 03:46 PM)hovatek

Hahaha rams are impossible to expand since they are not like CPUs which can be overclocked. The ram can be expanded with swap spacing and that can only happen if your kernel supports swap spacing. I don't
think there's any mediatek device out there with swap support. I've tried the rheosoft ram expander on my old tecno p5 but didn't work. Needs root permission though!

any idea of my tecno G9 having swap support, and if it has, how can i take the processing load to the SD card ?
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
19-02-2015, 03:49 PM

Don't think any Tecno phone has that for now

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Hovatek mobile
Pages (2): 1 2 Next