Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Downloads] how to downgrade from pre-installed lollipop to kitkat

I have tried downgrading my infinix hot note 16+1 to kitkat but at the end it will end up bricking the phone..please is there a special kitkat stock rom that i can use to perform the downgrade??? This phone is giving me headache 2much oo..tanx #team hovatek

(08-17-2016, 04:58 PM)Chidoo4u Wrote: I have tried downgrading my infinix hot note 16+1 to kitkat but at the end it will end up bricking the phone..please is there a special kitkat stock rom that i can use to perform the downgrade???  This phone is giving me headache 2much oo..tanx #team hovatek

download stock kitkat rom @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-533.html
then flash using SP flash tools @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
I downloaded n flashed d rom but it ended up bricking my phone.. It shows blank screen with stripes
(08-17-2016, 08:57 PM)Chidoo4u Wrote: I downloaded n flashed d rom but it ended up bricking my phone.. It shows  blank screen with stripes

Whats Android version did the phone ship with?
Its shipped with lollipop 5.1
Please which type of method did u use ...
Sp flash tool method or twr method?
(08-18-2016, 07:37 AM)Chidoo4u Wrote: Its shipped with lollipop 5.1

You cant downgrade to Kitkat.
The Kittkat firmware won't work properly because they're not for your variant.
You'll have to revert to Lollipop
Ok bro.. So wat of custom recovery? Cant it work too?
(08-18-2016, 05:10 PM)Chidoo4u Wrote: Ok bro.. So wat of custom recovery?  Cant it work too?

Theres a way you can deal with the lollipop firmware drop your whatsapp number
And for the custom recovery we will inform you as soon as we can find a way around it since your phone has been rejecting most recoveries ported already
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 10:30 AM by hovatek. )
(08-18-2016, 05:10 PM)Chidoo4u Wrote: Ok bro.. So wat of custom recovery?  Cant it work too?

You'll need to revert to lollipop first then provide your scatter file and stock recovery.img for that