Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs WHAT IS EMMC CHIP IN ANDROID DEVICE AND SOLUTION TO ISSUES RELATING TO IT
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

WHAT IS EMMC CHIP IN ANDROID DEVICE AND SOLUTION TO ISSUES RELATING TO IT

WHAT IS EMMC CHIP IN ANDROID DEVICE AND SOLUTION TO ISSUES RELATING TO IT

RemmylknSpicy
RemmylknSpicy
RemmylknSpicy
20-08-2016, 11:16 PM

I think my phone emmc chip is faulty because i have troubles flashing it and even after its success, it wont stop telling me that "unfortunately com.android.****(system apps). has stopped, and i formatted+download its stock rom.
the question therefore is: how does emmc chip works; can it be removed from a phone -having another issue not relating to the emmc chip stuffz - to anonther phone of the same model?? and most importantly, your solution suggestion to the phone's(complained about) problem..
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
droidmobitech
21-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Consider an EMMC,as a like a storage device like hard drives in laptops. Emmc is a reprogrammable storage device ( multimedia card) found in your phone that stores the Os .........it is also known as the flash IC(Integrated circuit ) in your phone

Which stores your operating system, the other compartments, including the preloader and kernel files, ext storage for the user , the internal storage. You have aside the SD card.

They are mostly called reprogrammable IC because you can delete their data and rewrite them back. Delete the os by full formatting including bootloader and still rewrite your Os files to get the phone working again

Before, emmc was made, we use to have NOR CHIP, NAND CHIP....
NOR CHIP, have memory allocation up to 32MB whiles beyond were the NAND CHIP some even up to 128, 256mb or 512mb

Most phones in the market have NAND flash ICs.....EMNC Flash ICs too...
Emmc has 512 and beyond to about 4gb of ram these days.

BEFORE YOU SOLVE EMMC problem
1. Have acquired basic electronics skills
2. Gsm reverse engineering which includes boot repair with Gsm box
3. A rework station and more...

EMMC repair is a PROFESSIONAL technique and cannot be done any how, or the entire PC will be damaged

ADVICE
If your device cannot boot, you might be thinking of EMMC problem, please kindly take the device to a REPAIR CENTRE FOR A POSSIBLE replacement or fix

Sent from my INFINIX-X551 using Hovatek mobile
RemmylknSpicy
RemmylknSpicy
RemmylknSpicy
21-08-2016, 09:52 PM
thanks man, but please, can remove the chip from a phone to another of the same model
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
22-08-2016, 06:58 PM
(20-08-2016, 11:16 PM)RemmylknSpicy I think my phone emmc chip is faulty because i have troubles flashing it and even after its success, it wont stop telling me that "unfortunately com.android.****(system apps). has stopped, and i formatted+download its stock rom.
the question therefore is: how does emmc chip works; can it be removed from a phone -having another issue not relating to the emmc chip stuffz - to anonther phone of the same model?? and most importantly, your solution suggestion to the phone's(complained about) problem..

About your phone:
1. What is the model?
2. Where did you get the stock rom you used?
3. Have you tried booting to factory mode and wiping eMMC?
epignosis0507
epignosis0507
epignosis0507
19-08-2018, 11:52 PM

(21-08-2016, 09:52 PM)RemmylknSpicy thanks man, but please, can remove the chip from a phone to another of the same model

I think that has been answered. go to a phone engineer. if you were one yourself, you would't ask that question
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
28-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Holy Smoke!!! Huh this one gidi gan

@droidmobitech Did you mean IC or PC here - "or the entire PC will be damaged"?
Was that a typo?
This post was last modified: 28-07-2020, 09:47 PM by DivergentSony.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-07-2020, 09:21 AM
(28-07-2020, 09:43 PM)DivergentSony Holy Smoke!!! Huh this one gidi gan

@droidmobitech Did you mean IC or PC here - "or the entire PC will be damaged"?
Was that a typo?

he actually meant PCB - printed circuit board (motherboard)