Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Issues with itel 1505 CUSTOM RECOVERY.img
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Issues with itel 1505 CUSTOM RECOVERY.img

[Please help] Issues with itel 1505 CUSTOM RECOVERY.img

damafeez
damafeez
damafeez
25-08-2016, 12:02 AM

Hi Hovatek, I use an itel 1505. I flashed a custom recovery.img I downloaded from Ur website here into it successfully. But I've not been able to boot into recovery. It shows a blank black  screen whenever I try to boot it into recovery. I thought it didn't matter anyways, cos my phone wasn't bricked or something, until recently when I tried to restore factory settings on it to no avail. It just sends me to that blank screen whenever it tries to reboot. I even tried d ADB method using my PC with no success as well. I'm just wondering why. U knw?.... I could av flashed the stock recovery back into it but I didn't back it up(my mistake). I'm currently using a phone with no recovery right now and that's not safe. Please help.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
25-08-2016, 10:49 AM
(25-08-2016, 12:02 AM)damafeez Hi Hovatek, I use an itel 1505. I flashed a custom recovery.img I downloaded from Ur website here into it successfully. But I've not been able to boot into recovery. It shows a blank black  screen whenever I try to boot it into recovery. I thought it didn't matter anyways, cos my phone wasn't bricked or something, until recently when I tried to restore factory settings on it to no avail. It just sends me to that blank screen whenever it tries to reboot. I even tried d ADB method using my PC with no success as well. I'm just wondering why. U knw?.... I could av flashed the stock recovery back into it but I didn't back it up(my mistake). I'm currently using a phone with no recovery right now and that's not safe. Please help.

Dowmload firmware https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-2194.html and unpack using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6236.html
You can flash recovery.img to your phone and also attach here so we can help with a custom recovery
damafeez
damafeez
damafeez
01-09-2016, 12:29 AM
matybazz
damafeez
Thank u so much for the helpful reply.... I successfully flashed the stock recovery after extracting with RESEARCH DOWNLOAD TOOL like u suggested. Now I can restore my phone to factory settings but It still shows the blank screen whenever I try booting it into recovery even now when I av the stock recovery. I guess that's how the  stock recovery has been from the first day...... I remember it showed the same screen when I first tried to boot into recovery even when I haven't flashed a custom recovery to it. I think the custom recoveries I flashed into it have similar problems.... They flash successfully but fail to display I noticed this before flashing the stock recovery back in it(when I had the twrp recovery from htt...t=download) when I touched certain areas on my screen and notice vibrations. That makes me think the recoveries work by are just not visible. Now what do I do please?? I still need a custom recovery cos I want to install Xposed framework on my phone. Please HELP. I've not been able to upload the stock recovery I extracted with RESEARCH DOWNLOAD TOOL here. It says FILE TOO LARGE
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
01-09-2016, 03:01 PM
(01-09-2016, 12:29 AM)damafeez . Please HELP. I've not been able to upload the stock recovery I extracted with RESEARCH DOWNLOAD TOOL here. It says FILE TOO LARGE

Upload elsewhere and paste link here
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-09-2016, 06:10 PM

(01-09-2016, 12:29 AM)damafeez ....
That makes me think the recoveries work by are just not visible. Now what do I do please?? I still need a custom recovery cos I want to install Xposed framework on my phone. Please HELP. I've not been able to upload the stock recovery I extracted with RESEARCH DOWNLOAD TOOL here. It says FILE TOO LARGE

We'll need a stock recovery that actually works on your phone for us to port TWRP.
While in recovery mode, did you try pressing the power button just incase the phone is in sleep mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.