Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] V com driver not detecting phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] V com driver not detecting phone

[Please help] V com driver not detecting phone

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
27-08-2016, 07:58 PM

Hello ? boss, please am having issue flashing my tecno f5

The v com Driver asked me to enable debugging on my device and my device is totally bricked which can't even power on

Kindly help please
This post was last modified: 27-08-2016, 08:05 PM by ham_samm.
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Techie Member
28-08-2016, 09:15 PM
(27-08-2016, 07:58 PM)sammyboy014 Hello ? boss, please am having issue flashing my tecno f5

The v com Driver asked me to enable debugging on my device and my device is totally bricked which can't even power on

Kindly help please

If you are installing the drivers via PDANET which is asking you to USB enable debugging on your phone, you can connect another working mtk phone. Or better still, manually install mtk usb vcom drivers. Link Here Mediatek USB VOM DRIVERS
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-08-2016, 12:57 PM
(27-08-2016, 07:58 PM)sammyboy014 Hello ? boss, please am having issue flashing my tecno f5

Kindly help please

download the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
ensure to follow the guide and see the videos

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
30-08-2016, 05:39 PM
(28-08-2016, 09:15 PM)Christianihechi

Kindly help please

If you are installing the drivers via PDANET which is asking you to USB enable debugging on your phone, you can connect another working mtk phone. Or better still, manually install mtk usb vcom drivers. Link Here Mediatek USB VOM DRIVERS

thanks sir,have done what you suggested and i successfully installed the v com driver,my challenge now is the phone isnt flashing

i followed the steps in the tutorial video
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
30-08-2016, 06:15 PM

(30-08-2016, 05:39 PM)sammyboy014 thanks sir,have done what you suggested and i successfully installed the v com driver,my challenge now is the phone isnt flashing

Does it shiw any error or still doesnt connect
Does it make any sound when connected to pc?
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
31-08-2016, 05:21 PM
(30-08-2016, 06:15 PM)matybazz
(30-08-2016, 05:39 PM)sammyboy014 thanks sir,have done what you suggested and i successfully installed the v com driver,my challenge now is the phone isnt flashing

Does it shiw any error or still doesnt connect
Does it make any sound when connected to pc?

No sound  bro, nothing.

I followed the exact steps in the tutorial

after loading the scatter file I pressed download and I removed n inserted my battery, connected to the pc and waited according to the video and but nothing happened for abt minutes

Kindly help bosses
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Techie Member
31-08-2016, 08:52 PM

No sound  bro, nothing.

after loading the scatter file I pressed download and I removed n inserted my battery, connected to the pc and waited according to the video and but nothing happened for abt minutes

Kindly help bosses

From what I see, I think you still have issues with the driver installation. Can you please screenshot your device manager(from your pc), so I can see if the drivers were properly installed.
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
01-09-2016, 11:16 AM
(31-08-2016, 08:52 PM)Christianihechi
No sound  bro, nothing.

Kindly help bosses

From what I see, I think you still have issues with the driver installation. Can you please screenshot your device manager(from your pc), so I can see if the drivers were properly installed.

alright then
i checked my device manager,it was only 1 port i saw instead of 2
what could be wrong
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Techie Member
01-09-2016, 11:39 AM
(01-09-2016, 11:16 AM)sammyboy014
No sound  bro, nothing.

Kindly help bosses

alright then
what could be wrong

I don't understand what you mean by only 1 port. Just go to your device manager, under ports, check if you have those MTK VCOM drivers in the image I attached.
Attached Files
.jpg
Installed MTK USB VCOM DRIVERS.jpg
Size: 144.53 KB / Downloads: 5
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
01-09-2016, 12:17 PM

(01-09-2016, 11:39 AM)Christianihechi
(01-09-2016, 11:16 AM)sammyboy014
No sound  bro, nothing.

Kindly help bosses

alright then
what could be wrong

I don't understand what you mean by only 1 port. Just go to your device manager, under ports, check if you have those MTK VCOM drivers in the image I attached.

I can't view the attached file it gave me 4 options, saying m trying to view an administrative file n so on

M talking about d vcom drivers port according 2 the video [there are 2 ports] but I only have a port
This post was last modified: 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM by ham_samm.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2016-09-01-12-18-41.png
Size: 147.53 KB / Downloads: 1
Pages (2): 1 2 Next